We are looking for a Senior Book-Keeper to join our client, a well-established Accountancy practice based in Canterbury. This job offers the luxury of being able to work from home two days a week, following successful probation.
The successful candidate for this role will come from a practice background and be very aware of digital tax.
Role responsibilities for the Bookkeeper:
- Working closely with Accountants to manage bookkeeping services for a portfolio of clients in an accurate and timely manner
- Recording clients financial transactions
- Preparing appropriate schedules and reports as requested by Clients and Partners
- Completing and filing VAT returns
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents
- Ensuring all client work is completed within applicable lodgement and work schedule deadlines
- Ensuring client assignments are in line with all relevant accounting standards
- Recording cash receipt and handling bank deposits
- Providing administrative and clerical support
- Other ad hoc duties
- Requirements for the Bookkeeper:
- Previous professional practice experience in a similar role
- Must have previous practice experience
- Solid understanding of accountancy software
- Good knowledge of VAT law and compliance
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel essential) and Outlook
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong time management skills, able to work to tight deadlines
- A keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions
- Organised and commercially minded
- A high level of flexibility, professionalism and confidence
- 2/3 years practice experience is preferred
- If you would like to discuss this role, or indeed have the qualities our client is looking for, please submit your CV.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.