Technical Manager job in Christchurch
Dovetail Recruitment are working with a company based in Christchurch in recruiting for a new Technical Manager to join their growing business. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a product development and retail supplier background. It is important that the successful Technical Manager is highly computer literate, a confident communicator and is skilled in product regulations and quality management systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical Manager position accountable for product development, compliance, and launch
- Formulation design - propose initial formulations and when required prepare lab scale samples
- Accountability to ensure all technical aspects of a technical product development are completed, for example product safety assessments, stability, performance testing, regulatory compliance and legal checks etc
- Preparation of product specifications with customers and manufacturing partners
- Act as a single point of contact for customer technical enquiries
- Investigate and report on customer complaints and non-conformance
- Accountable for technical aspects of product artwork, ingredients, claims, warnings, compliance to relevant regulations, including packaging and labelling
- Work closely with the wider internal product and commercial teams to ensure all technical requirements are applied during the NPD process
- Where relevant attend or oversea factory scale up and development trials, pre-production and first productions.
- Review of production paperwork to release production batches for delivery
- Maintain professional credibility by being up to date on relevant regulations and product safety trends
Knowledge & Experience:
- Formulation chemist with experience in formulation development within a laboratory
- Excellent people, presentation and communication skills
- Min of 3-5 years of technical product development and delivery to market
- Good working knowledge of REACH, Cosmetics, Detergents & Biocidal Regulations
- Flexibility for occasional travel nationally and internationally
Salary & Benefits:
- £30,000 - 40,000 with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday per annum, increasing to 24 after the first year and 25 after 2 years’ service
- Extensive benefits programme including buying additional holiday, medical cash plan and many other features
- Great training and progression opportunities
- Yearly bonus structure
- Cycle to Work scheme
This Technical Manager job in Christchurch will suit candidates with a formulation background who is commercially minded with excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in this Technical Manager job in Christchurch, please click on 'Apply Now’. Alternatively, to see our other vacancies, please visit our website.