We are looking for a full time and permanent Warehouse Operative. The ideal candidate would ideally hold a Counterbalance Forklift Licence or who is willing to go through the FLT Training to join our team at the Bolton
Operations Centre to assist with our Washrooms, Healthcare and Floorcare Divisions.The key responsibilities of a Warehouse Operative at phs will involve;
The ideal candidate for a Warehouse Operative role at phs will:
- To maintain the relevant paperwork.
- Preparing Stock for Drivers.
- To keep stock areas clean and tidy always.
- To carry out stock takes as and when requested.
- To carry out any task deemed necessary by the Operations Manager.
- To liaise and form good working relationships with other members of staff within the Branch.
- To fully comply with current health and Safety legislation and procedures.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- Having the manual handling capability to handle large amount of stock daily.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Forklift licence.
- Health and Safety.
- To carry out all operations and activities in the prescribed manner.
- Use the correct tools and equipment for the operation including any relevant safety equipment or protective clothing.
- Report any defects in equipment or protective clothing immediately.
- Avoid improvising or taking short cuts which would entail unauthorised or unnecessary risks.
- Maintain a clean & tidy working area.
- Report accidents or near miss incidents promptly.
- Suggest ways of eliminating or reducing hazards.
- Cooperate with accident/incident investigations in order to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop a personal concern for their own safety and that of their colleagues.
About phs:Phs Group
- Normal working week – 40 Hours over 5 days Monday to Friday.
- Salary paid 4 Weekly.
- Be presentable with good verbal and written skills
- You’ll be working with a great team including a supportive senior management team.
- You’ll be a key and important player in an exciting transformation of our business.
- You’ll have a full, thorough induction with technical and product training.
- Opportunity for career development!
- Pension Scheme.
- Company Benefits including discount schemes.
- Your annual leave will be 31 days (inclusive of Christmas Day) so you have 30 days to book throughout the holiday year. Due to the nature of our work, bank holidays are normal working days except for Christmas Day.
was founded in 1963 and we are the leading provider for Hygiene Services in the UK, Spain and Ireland with over 90,000 customers across 300,000 locations incorporating numerous businesses during its 57 years of business.
Our businesses include: Washrooms, Healthcare, Floorcare, Phs Direct and Direct 365 (sale of consumables), Phs Greenleaf, Teacrate, Besafe, Wastekit and Compliance. At phs, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination.