Legal Practice Manager – Sudbury
This is an exciting full time, permanent opportunity for an experienced Practice Manager to work within an established and forward-thinking practice. The practice offers a range of legal services including conveyancing, family law and dispute resolution. My client is seeking an experienced practice manager who would be able to assist with the continued success of the practice and offer a hands-on approach with Finance, HR, Compliance, Business Development and Facilities.
- Oversight of the financial administration of the practice.
- Preparation of the practice’s management accounts
- Preparation of Monthly KPI’s and quarterly analysis
- Annual budgeting and cashflow forecasts
- Management of the practice’s recruitment process
- Management of staff including appraisals, personnel files, staff development, grievances, and discipline where appropriate
- Identifying relevant legislation that applies to the smooth running of the practice
- Helping to ensure staff stay current with any changes and compliant
- Implementing relevant procedures for health and safety, GDPR, data protection, business and legal services regulatory law
- Maintain Lexcel accreditation; CQS accreditation and CyberEssentials certification
- Providing training and support to staff on using software
Ensuring software is up to date
- Researching new software and hardware for business use
- Ensuring business premises hold appropriate insurance and are checked and maintained by professionals
- Initiating and maintaining security processes and procedures including fire alarm checks, security and evacuations
- Maintaining records relating to the premises including fixture and fittings records, health and safety checks, lease agreements and correspondence
- Ensuring premises look professional and clean through organising and supervising cleaning, placement of publicity, flowers, etc.
- Performing duties required to implement the marketing plan and performing administrative duties relating to marketing such as placing advertisements, drafting and sending out newsletters or updates to the website
- Administering client feedback forms and compiling reports on feedback
- Previous experience in a practice management position is essential
- Previous experience and managing a multi office practice is desirable
- Knowledge of requirements for CQS accreditation.
- People Management/HR skills in dealing with staff members.
- Management skills, background and qualifications.