At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a 'Top Employer' for 5 consecutive years. If you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it's like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as an Operative Grade 3.
You'll be working for Celotex in Ipswich. Celotex is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and is a leading manufacturer of high performance PIR thermal insulation boards within the UK.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you've never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you're just as likely to be a great fit! A great Operative Grade 3 at Celotex will put safety above all else, work well in a team and be enthusiastic about the work they do. As a quick learner, you'll be flexible to work in different areas, take responsibility for the work you do and always show good attention to detail.
There is some specific experience/skills/knowledge we are looking for from suitable candidates;
- To demonstrate a strong awareness and respect for health, safety and environment.
- Chemical awareness, or COSHH would be desirable
- Have a manufacturing background or distribution experience
- Ideally hold a valid and current Forklift Truck Driving License
- To have an awareness of WCM and / or Lean Manufacturing tools and methodologies
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Operative Grade 3's are very important to the smooth running of the business. Their role is important to help ensure products are where they need to be on time, with a particular emphasis on quality and communication skills. To support our customers effectively you will;
- Be responsible for the operation of the plant machinery in accordance with the agreed company standards and specifications in order to ensure the safe, continuous, effective and efficient production of excellent quality Celotex Products.
- Select the correct materials and the correct programme required for each production run, be it Hennecke Production or Off Line and make necessary and authorised adjustments to the equipment to produce the best quality products
- Manage and complete all paperwork well and timely, accurately logging all stoppages, faults, downtime, etc. in the relevant place e.g. MES / SCADA.
- Reject any suspect material (raw materials or finished goods) and advise your Team Leader / Manager.
- Support the whole Operations Team with problem solving and troubleshooting in the event of any process and product quality related issues.
- Have a good working attitude
- Maintain good communication skills, with both customers and your team
Are Celotex and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.