Handyman / Maintenance Technician
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9am – 5.30pm
To contribute to an exceptional resident experience through the provision of a high standard of repairs and maintenance tasks. To inspect and diagnose faults and repairs in addition to undertaking minor day to day repairs and decoration to the building(s), grounds and equipment.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high-quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Co-ordinate Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site
- Monitor sub-contractors’ performance to standard and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
- To respond to calls outside office hours which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Assist the Community manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Ensure annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Works as part of a team, supporting and respecting other team members, to deliver exceptional resident living
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies & procedures.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills
- Behave in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
- Be a positive advocate for change, highlighting and implementing business improvement initiatives.
- Adopt a team work approach
- A flexible approach to work
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision
- Smart in appearance, complying with stated appearance code
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs
- Contractor & Supplier Supervision skills are desirable
Please ONLY apply if you have the relevant skills and experience required for the role.