This is an excellent opportunity for a time-served mechanically-biased maintenance engineer to join a leading manufacturing company in the field of automotive engineering. This position offers the opportunity to develop your skills and experience with mechanical maintenance in a quality working environment as part of a supportive maintenance team.
- To carry out both planned and reactive maintenance on complex mechanical systems and process equipment including pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
- Review and evaluation of maintenance tasks providing technical advice and solutions for equipment issues.
- Maintaining equipment and assets in a safe, compliant and reliable order.
- To participate on improvement teams such as reliability centred maintenance or energy reduction initiatives.
- Routinely Coaches and Mentors Other Technicians and apprentices within the maintenance team.
- Communicate the results of assigned technical tasks through work order and shift hand over reporting.
- Maintain awareness of plant and department risk assessments, hazard cards and safe operating procedures whilst adhering to recommended control measures.
- The ideal applicant will be a time served and experienced Mechanical Engineering Technician from a manufacturing background who can demonstrate a strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering Principles and modern maintenance techniques.
- You will be able to diagnose and repair failures of process plant and be familiar with preventative maintenance programs and current regulatory requirements regarding Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) and engineering legislation.
- Ability to work effectively within a team is essential, we are looking for a confident individual with strong communication skills and good attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of SAP is desirable but not essential
- BTEC HNC or C&G Technician or equivalent
- Apprentice trained (with applicable vocational qualifications)
- Appropriate engineering qualification (ideally HNC/ NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
- 24/6 four shift rotating shift Pattern 6am-6pm / 6pm-6am
If you're interested in the above role then please click apply or get in touch to discuss further.
Consult will endeavour to contact candidates within 14 days of application. However, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks then please assume on this occasion, unfortunately, you have not been successful.