We are recruiting for an entry level Wealth Management Administrator to join an established Practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management based in Canary Wharf, London. This role is provided on a self-employed basis with guaranteed earnings.
St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc (SJP) is a leading, and highly regarded, FTSE 100 UK Wealth Management company which distributes a range of Investment and Retirement products and financial solutions to a High Net Worth client base.
As part of a structured professional training programme, the Wealth Management Administrator shall assist with all administrative and organisational support to the Practice. They will be looking to remain within an administrative capacity for a minimum of two years ideally. During this period, should they wish to do so after a year in the role, they will be supported to undertake a co-ordinated programme of study to complete the professional qualifications required to become an adviser for the Practice via the St. James’s Place Academy over a two year period.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone wishing to move into Wealth Management at the beginning of their career, and learn from the ground upwards. In addition to experienced candidates, college leavers and university graduates are encouraged to apply.
The role will include, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
Client / Team communication
- Pro-active and structured approach to the Practice’s administration needs, ensuring the smooth running of the back office support
- Dealing with all client queries via telephone, email, face-to-face or in writing
- Developing and building strong relationships with team members and clients
- Using financial software to provide data analysis of clients funds and investments
- Producing personalised illustrations, and obtaining up to date wealth accounts
- Preparing critical yield calculations
- Liaising with pension and investment companies
- Preparing meeting packs in advance of client meetings
- Liaising with internal central administration centres regarding client’s funds and investments
- Switching of client funds and processing fund surrenders
- Setting up new clients on iBusiness, and keeping all client information up to date where required
- Issuing and chasing letters of authority
- Electronic Business Submission processing
- Processing paper application forms
- Basic suitability letter preparation
- Undertaking modular study and qualifications through the Chartered Institute of Insurers to attain the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning qualification
- Committed to time-management of studying outside of office hours for CII qualifications
- Attendance at regular workshops and courses provided by the SJP Academy
Technical skills required
- Previous Financial Service experience preferred, but not essential as full training will be provided.
- First class organisational skills to deliver against a wide variety of tasks
- Effective communication skills verbally, face to face and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly
- Able to deal with individuals at all levels, including those of high net worth.
- Highly computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Naturally numeric, minimum grade C in GCSE maths
- Ability to manage own workloads / study confidently
- Able to work independently, disciplined in work approach with the ability to get the job done
- Professional and approachable manner to clients and colleagues
- Well presented
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines where required
- Able to work in a high confidential and discreet environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Pro-active in approach
- Reliable and committed long term to the role
- Salary: £22-24K depending on experience
- Location: Canary Wharf, London, E14 5
- Hours of work: Full time (37.5 hours a week) 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Role type: Self-employed, guaranteed earnings
- Training: Full training shall be provided
- Holiday: 20 days per annum, plus bank holidays
To apply for this excellent opportunity or for further information, please apply online