We are recruiting for a Personal Assistant to support the Managing Director / Financial Adviser and provide administrative support to a wider team for a very established partner practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management based in Fareham, Hampshire.
This role is provided on a part-time basis, Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm (4 days a week). The role is office based and car-parking is provided.
Within the role of Personal Assistant the successful candidate will work alongside the existing support team and three Wealth Managers / Financial Advisers to assist the practice to deliver a first class, professional client service. Whilst the Personal Assistant will predominately support the Managing Director / Financial Adviser, they will also be an integral part of the wider admin support team.
The Personal Assistant will meet and greet visitors to the office and as such there is a requirement to be office based and professional in appearance.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience within a similar role within Financial Services. The role requires a high level of organisational skill to prioritise and coordinate workload activities, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, and preferably a good basic understanding of financial services. Most important is the attitude, motivation, determination and will to succeed within the role, reliability, and providing a high standard of work at all times to meet the overall needs of the business.
- To deliver the highest standard of client care both internally and externally either face to face, in writing / email of via telephone
- Management and organisation of own email inbox.
- Management and organisation of Managing Director’s email inbox.
- First point of contact for all incoming client telephone calls. Filtering calls and taking messages as appropriate.
- Open/distribute/scan incoming post as appropriate.
- Diary structure - scheduling times out in the diary to undertake meetings, debriefs and telephone calls / follow ups to clients in line with the Managing Director’s requirements.
- Booking client meetings and sending diary invites and re-confirming meetings.
- Standard Meeting Pack preparation, ensuring all documentation is checked and ready ahead of meetings.
- Maintain accurate recording and management of all tasks and client liaison within CRM system.
- Full management of ID procedure; ensuring AML documents are completed/signed and we have full ID information logged and expiry dates noted. Ensuring ID is always kept up to date for client files.
- Request and collation of necessary ceding scheme information in relation to proposed pension and investment transfers.
- Preparing and issuing fund switch suitability reports.
- Processing and management of client withdrawal instructions.
- Issuing Wealth Accounts or valuations to clients on an ad-hoc basis when required.
- Ensuring all new client correspondence meets the compliance requirements of both SJP marketing and financial promotions.
- Issuing ad-hoc announcements to clients regarding market conditions or announcements.
- Keeping stocks of stationery maintained and ordering within budgets, as required.
- General administration support as required by the business.
- Keeping the office area tidy and presentable at all times. Shredding of all confidential information.
- Answering incoming telephone calls in a professional and polite manner.
- Data entry and preparation of compliant CFR’s, using appropriate systems as and when required.
Key skills and experience:
- To use initiative and discretion.
- Ability to build strong relationships with others by delivering on promises, and by dealing effectively and courteously with client queries.
- Understanding of back office systems and processes (full training will be provided)
- Able to multi-task and work to deadlines, ensuring quality is never compromised.
- The ability to use initiative and problem solve.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, particularly ensuring high level of attention to detail - both internally and externally.
- Approach work positively with a can-do attitude and takes responsibility for tasks.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Display professional appearance to maintain our company brand.
- A willingness to work as a team member.
- Committed to personal development.
- Ensuring adherence to GDPR requirements when dealing with all client paperwork.
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of the Microsoft packages.
- Able to work under pressure to meet specific time deadlines.
- Happy, motivated and keen to work within a dynamic and progressive business.
- Hands on in approach, willing to roll their sleeves up and muck in with all team members as and when required to support the business needs.
- Salary: £20-25K per annum pro-rata (full-time equivalent salary)
- Days of work: Part time (4 days a week) Monday to Thursday
- Hours of work: 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
- Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays pro-rata (full-time equivalent holiday)
- Role type: Office based role in Fareham High Street, Car-parking provided as required
- Pension: Auto-enrolment pension provided
- Training: Scope for training and support to nurture a long-term career with the business.
- Additional Benefits: Life & Critical Illness cover and Private Medical Insurance after satisfactory completion of probation period.
To apply for this excellent opportunity, please apply online.