SEN Teaching Assistant - Bury
SEN Teaching Assistant required for specialist school Bury, Greater Manchester
- Do you have a passion for making difference in young people's lives?
- Do you have experience working within SEN school environments?
- Are you a caring and patient teaching assistant?
Your new company
We have a long term opportunity for a SEN Teaching Assistant in an GOOD'Outstanding' rated school for pupils aged year old with Multiple Learning Difficulties. This school is based in Bury and is accessible by public transport.
This role will start as supply, however there is potential to continue onto the schools contract for the right person. Ideally you will start ASAP
Your new role
Your role as a SEN Teaching Assistant the school would be to assist the class teacher and possibly support other TA's in the room throughout the school day. Your main duties will include helping pupils with their work, assistance in group work activities, providing a positive environment for the pupils to work to promote the pupils progress and help them reach their full potential
What you'll need to succeed]
The ideal SEN Teaching Assistant would have:
- Experience of working with pupils with Autism, Severe, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- A calm and patient manner
- An enthusiastic and 'can do' attitude
- Available full time
To be successful in your application, you must be able to provide evidence of your skills and experience. References will be taken. Please be aware that all applicants will be subject to background checks and will need a current DBS certificate (update service registered). Hays Education can assist with this application if required.
What you'll get in return
- Excellent rates of pay - up to £80 per day for long term positions - dependent on experience and qualifications
- Long term position in Outstanding specialist school
- Holiday pay meaning you will receive payment through the holidays
- Up to date safeguarding training
- One specialist consultant that will act as point of contact for you
- Receive bookings through an online app - easy to manage your own diary
- Opportunity to work with schools that Hays Education work exclusively with
- Refer a friend to Hays Education and receive £250 in shopping vouchers*
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.