Futures are looking to appoint a Stores Operative for a manufacturing company based in Sheffield. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing company in a high tech industry. As a Stores operative you will be offered a great chance to grow and progress with the company in a friendly atmosphere. If you have stores / material handling experience and have been responsible for undertaking regular stocktakes to ensure components are properly authorised and recorded, then this could be the role for you!
Stores Operative - Role and Responsibilities - Stock Control, Materials Handler, Warehouse, FLT
* Monitor and maintain current inventory levels; process purchasing orders as required; track orders and investigates problems.
* Record purchases maintain database, perform a physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
* Receive and inspect delivered goods; re-stock items as necessary, parts to line
* Picking and packing of kits for despatch of components to picking lists
* Ensuring safety and security of all stock
* Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housing maintained in the work areas. Report any health and safety concerns to the Line Manager or HR.
* Measure, minimise and publish obsolete/overstock and ensure that ongoing communication with the relevant teams
Stores Operative - Skills and Abilities - Stock Control, Materials Handler, Warehouse, FLT
* Experience in manufacturing/engineering stores, inventory management, and stock control systems.
* IT skills (Sage system)
* Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
* Strong English interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Clean drivers licence
* Level of fitness to ensure the ability to handle stocking of shelves
* Exceptional customer service skills for both internal and external customers
Stores Operative, Stock Control, Materials Handler, Warehouse, FLT
If this role could appeal please do apply now!