Morson Projects are a reputable multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with over 40 years' experience across the UK and overseas. Our highly qualified engineering teams deliver capability and experience across numerous engineering disciplines, enabling the provision of complete end-to-end project management, design and delivery services to our valued long-term client partnerships. We support our clients across five key sectors: Aerospace & Defence; Nuclear; Power & Renewable Energy; Industrial & Process and Infrastructure & Transportation.
We are recruiting for an experienced IT Helpdesk Engineer to be based within our busy Irlam head office. The Helpdesk Engineer will act as the first point of contact for all employees across the business in providing technical support on all IT systems that the team use.
Within this role your responsibilities will include:
- Act as first point of contact for the IT department via both phone and email.
- To accurately log and categorise support tickets and requests.
- Provide technical support and guidance for a wide range of software applications including curriculum and administration software.
- Supporting a wide range of infrastructure including Microsoft Desktop and Server product range, Wireless Technology, Cloud based web applications and more.
- Maintain, update, and audit asset system with details of all IT equipment.
- Maintenance of hardware including laptops, desktops, tablets, multi-functional printers, projectors, and speakers
- Configuration/installation projects including software, hardware, and infrastructure
- Provision new user accounts for various systems.
- Travelling to other office locations in order to support in rollouts and physical checks
The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a similar 1st Line Support role
- Experience in supporting on office applications and Windows 10
- Full UK driving license mandatory
- Experience in networking and infrastructure would be advantageous
- Experience in supporting on Engineering software would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills on all levels, both written and verbal
- A keen eye and high levels of attention to detail
- Due to the nature of the projects worked on - the ability to be security vetted to UK SC level is mandatory.
- 26 days annual leave across all levels plus 8 bank holidays
- Company funded professional memberships.
- Employee Assistance Plan
- High street discount scheme
- Free Parking
- Contributory Pension
- Company sick pay scheme
- Mental Health Wellbeing app
- Life assurance scheme
- Specsavers discount scheme