Post Title:Fitness Instructor
Responsible to:Health and Fitness Leader
Location:A base within Leisure Services or any other suitable location within the City of Wolverhampton
Job Purpose and Role
To provide health and fitness instruction for the commercial operation of all health and fitness programmes across the business in accordance with the policies and objectives determined by the council.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. To administer and undertake practical health and fitness instruction including personal training, aquatic programmes, group exercise classes and fitness suite inductions (8 years and over) at the appropriate level and within agreed standards.
2. To ensure the class commences on time and ensure that late arrivals are dealt with effectively and diplomatically.
3. To ensure that the customers have paid the appropriate fees prior to sessions commencing in accordance with the Council's financial regulations.
4. To discharge all health and safety requirements and immediately report all issues of health and safety that may arise to the Duty Officer.
5. Review and adhere to the Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan in the leisure centre.
6. To provide an emergency capability and administer first aid as and when required.
7. To ensure that accidents are reported and the appropriate documentation is completed
8. To have responsibility for the issuing, use and return of all equipment utilised for the exercise sessions.
9.To undertake weekly inspections of fitness suite and exercise equipment and report to the Duty Officer any repair work which is required.
10.To deal with customer queries and complaints and refer to the Health and Fitness Leader where necessary
11.To recommend improvements to the services offered at the centre in response to customer feedback
12.To liaise with the Health and Fitness Leader in relation to standards set for the delivery of health and fitness activities across the business.
13.To attend meetings when requested by the Health and Fitness Leader.
YOO Recruit is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.