East Midlands, LN2
Salary Up to £35,000 + Attractive Benefits Package
Full Time, Permanent
Our Client is a digital solutions company that helps customers achieve their strategic outcomes at pace while also maximising their digital investment. Their services include DevOps, Agile Software Development, Programme & Assurance, Intelligent Client & Cloud services. Their success is underpinned by the quality and talent of their people. Together they all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps their customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for a PMO Analyst to be part of their successful, winning team. The role will be part of an IT PMO function that provides a consistency in approach and documentation across all IT projects, as well as embedding, educating and creating awareness of governance and processes within a control framework.
Responsibilities of the IT PMO Analyst Role:
- Ensuring that all relevant MI and data is up to date and gathered in a timely fashion to create content. providing transparent visibility on delivery progress and Risks/ issues/ assumptions/ dependencies to governance forums.
- Supporting management in maintaining the roadmap and relevant data for all and prioritised projects / initiatives.
- Preparing and co-ordinating the agenda and collateral for management, ensuring clear key messages and actions needed.
- Embracing a culture of continuous improvement to identify and develop improvements to the control framework.
- Contributing to the creation and running of the Portfolio and project governance structure.
- Utilising your Change experience to constructively challenge Project Managers on the project status, prognosis and risk profile.
- Ensuring projects have the relevant documentation required and using knowledge and experience to confirm business cases, PIDs etc are of the quality maintained through the control framework.
- Maintaining and tracking the project plans and data against a known level of uncertainty via regular updates from Project Managers, constructively reviewing quality of input.
- Supporting PMO team to maintain and track portfolio and project finances, including actual expenditure and future forecast against approved budget, highlighting any risks or opportunities when required.
- Maintaining and tracking portfolio and project resources, including forecasting future resource requirements and insight in how to manage resource conflicts.
About the Successful PMO Analyst Candidate:
- Significant experience in a PMO role with a strong background in providing PMO services to complex Change programmes/portfolios.
- Experience of creating and managing the programme/portfolio performance across multiple measures including delivery against plan, financial performance, risk profile and resource supply and demand.
- Experience in both Waterfall frameworks and Agile methods.
- Excellent planning skills and able to manage competing priorities, working effectively under pressure.
- The ability to pose questions to colleagues in a collaborative and constructive manner.
- Highly skilled user across MS PowerPoint, Excel and Project applications.
- Excellent written communication with a proven track record in creating business and project reports, including for Executive consumption.
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Ability to alter communication style and method for differing client interactions and personalities managing both team and client expectations effectively.
As well as all the usual stuff (competitive salary, pension, holidays, etc.), here are some of the benefits you can take advantage of when you join them:
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday (it is an important day after all).
- Take a day to support a charity or a community initiative of your choice, paid for by the company.
- Full Private Medical Healthcare which can also cover your family if you wish and Life Insurance.
- Yearly flu inoculation and any Covid-19 top-ups.
- Enhanced parental pay.
- Opportunities to learn and develop and gain accreditations all funded by the company.
- A culture that promotes respect, creativity, openness and is inclusive for all and the opportunity to excel at what you do and progress your career.
How to apply for the PMO Analyst role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this IT Analyst job, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: IT Analyst, Project Manager, Programme Manager, IT Portfolio Management, Engagement Manager, Programme Delivery Manager, Strategic Change Officer