Senior Design Engineer
Salary - Circa £45,000 depending on experience + Car/Car allowance
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire
Permanent, full time
Come and join our team. A new opportunity has arisen to join the Development Services team as a customer focused Senior Design Engineer.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Programme Manager, you will work closely with Designers, Project engineers and Delivery partners to ensure innovative, agile and cost effective mains laying solutions. As an experienced engineer, part of your role will be to provide occasional site investigation and supervision of complex activities with Off site Mainlaying (medium or high risk installations).
It is envisaged that the holder of this role will also become a Principal Designer within the context of CDM Regulations (2015).
A true collaborative role - Working closely with designers, asset planning and networks you will develop an expertise in the assessment, promotion and delivery of infrastructure schemes through the relevant governance route and provide cradle to grave project management for the effective delivery for these solutions.
A dual role, the Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for providing coaching and mentor support to dedicated designers and project engineers within a programme manager area. This will include supporting programme managers with the delivery of development plans by providing on the job coaching for designers and project engineers which may be the provision of site investigation for some schemes, support with writing impact plans and providing technical expertise for schemes as an example
What do you need?
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in an engineering discipline or equivalent and with a technical/ engineering background and the following:
· Experience of identifying, developing and managing new business opportunities
· Experience in a main laying arena
· Thorough understanding of the regulatory framework
· Experience of water supply and network operations
· Significant water engineering and design experience
· Significant commercial awareness
· Proven ability to understand the infrastructure from a strategic, tactical and operational perspective
· Good understanding and experience of the "Risk, Opportunity, Value" process - particularly Root Cause Analysis
· Experience providing coaching and support
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
· Private health care
· Bonus scheme
· Competitive pension scheme, we double match your contribution up to 6%
· 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
· Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
· Flexible working (dependent on your role)
· This role is classed as a Subject Matter Expert
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
Closing date: 11/09/2021