Job Title: Caretaker
Salary: £9.30 p/h
Working Week: Mon-Fri, 25 - 35 hours depending on location
Birmingham City Council are looking to recruit caretakers to be responsible for the delivery of a high standard of caretaking, health and safety maintenance services across specified neighbourhoods. This will include the cleaning of internal and external communal areas of high rise and low rise blocks, and other housing communal areas within the neighbourhood/quadrant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleaning internal/external communal areas of high/low rise blocks and other housing communal areas.
- Provide assistance to customers with general housing related enquiries.
- Liaising with Neighbourhood Caretakers, Area Neighbourhood Caretakers and BCC colleagues.
- Liaise with other organisations in order to maintain the local environment, such as Repairs colleagues, Repairs contractors and Waste Management.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to carry out a variety of cleaning tasks indoors and outdoors in accordance with Health & Safety procedures.
- An understanding of the types of problems that occur in our neighbourhoods.
- An ability and willingness to deal with a variety of issues affecting residents living on an estate.
- Awareness of steps which should be taken to ensure personal safety, and the safety of customers, whilst carrying out duties.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply via the link and one of the team at HancoxRead will be in touch.