***THIS IS A HOME-BASED ROLE WITH REGIONAL REMIT COVERING THE NORTH EAST AND YORKSHIRE***
I have here a fantastic opportunity to work with a national provider. As Specialist Support Trainer you will be expected to deliver a wide range of specialist learning opportunities supporting new staff at induction through to refreshing the knowledge and skills of existing staff in topics such as positive behaviour support, physical intervention training (in line with the Restraint Reduction Network Training Standards), and person specific conditions.
You will be confident to deliver pre-developed learning material consistently across your area while also making it your own. In addition, you will become training leads in certain subject areas such as Autism, Acquired Brain Injury, Mental Health. You need to have excellent organisation and planning skills, be outgoing and enthusiastic and have a passion to make learning exciting and interesting for all.
This is a full-time 6-month fixed term contract. Key Responsibilities of a Specialist Support Trainer:
Specialist Support Trainer Requirements:
- Motivating and inspiring learners to achieve and develop their knowledge and skills.
- Planning and delivering effective learning activities for diverse groups in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Promoting a variety of learning approaches to suit the needs of the learners and the organisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Positive Behaviour Support and least restrictive practices.
- Supporting those learners who may have specific needs and work creatively to overcome any barriers to learning.
- Enabling learners to share responsibility for their own learning, setting goals that challenge where appropriate.
- Providing constructive and timely feedback to learners and to Operational Managers.
- Deliver learning activities as per regional / organisational requirements.
- Demonstrate the required level of knowledge and underpinning values to competently deliver all elements of the curriculum.
- Minimum 2 years' continuous employment in support or care roles in health care, social care or education.
- Hold an accredited PROACT-SCIP-r UK Trainer qualification to deliver tiers 1 to 3 training. Or willingness to take part on the PROACT-SCIP-r UK Training of Trainer programme
- Hold or willingness to complete an accredited training qualification e.g Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) or equivalent
- Current Moving and Handling certificate or willingness to achieve within a specified timescale.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and deal with situations in a sensitive manner
- Strong knowledge of theoretical concepts, approaches and strategies of positive behaviour support and least restrictive practices
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Matt Simmons
at Domus Recruitment.As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.