A UK wide financial planning firm are looking to grow their paraplanning team by taking on a new Senior Paraplanner in their London office.
This role will see you bringing in-depth knowledge and writing complex advice whilst understanding the needs of the client and the desired outcomes. You will be working directly with your team leader and be a vital point of contact for technical support for the wider paraplanning team.
Your Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Provides high quality technical advice to local Financial Planners including but not limited to estate planning, DB pension analysis and recommendations, tax led investment recommendations, trust review and recommendation etc.
- Prepares high quality, complex written advice to our clients in a timely manner and attends client meetings with Financial Planners when required
- A subject matter expert (SME), role model and key contact to the whole Paraplanner team, providing assistance and answering queries of a highly technical nature
- Participating in the design and delivery of technical training to the team as an SME, on a 1-1 coaching basis or as a trainer to small groups
- Works with the PP Team Leader and the FP Team Head in assessing the technical skills of the team and the quality of the output, as well as identifying and helping to resolve issues that impact on the firm's ability to deliver high quality service and advice
- Assists the PP Team Leader by peer reviewing technical advice from less experienced Paraplanner
- Provide help and support to others in the team who are working towards Chartered Status
- Regularly communicating with the FP Team Head to maintain oversight of ongoing projects and companywide initiatives
- Maintaining an excellent level of technical knowledge, regulatory and industry knowledge through external and internal sources and maintaining an accurate CPD log
For you to be a successful candidate:
- Operational experience within the financial services industry, solid technical knowledge of financial services products, ideally Chartered (or working toward)
- Proven track record of delivering written financial advice
- Effective at technical and product researching
- Organisation and prioritisation skills, being able to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and IT skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to coach and mentor team members
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Paraplanner to work for a UK wide financial planning firm in London. If you would like further information please apply and we will be in touch.