Job Title: Ergonomic Assessor and Assistive Technology Tutor
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience and bonuses
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Assistive Solutions is a dynamic company based in East London. We specialise in providing support for dyslexic and disabled students in Higher Education. The position includes 2 main roles:
- Providing 1-1 Ergonomic Assessments for adult students with varying physical disabilities. You will assess their existing workstations and discuss appropriate solutions with the student to provide equipment that can help to ease their symptoms and work more comfortably, enabling students to study effectively for longer periods.
- 1-1 tuition, teaching Higher Education students strategies to study successfully using assistive software.
Successful candidates will be good communicators with excellent interpersonal skills, and be motivated to enable students to access education through assistive software, learning strategies and effective ergonomic solutiaons.
We will provide suitable individuals with ongoing in-house training, teaching resources and methodologies for you to develop your skills and provide a top-notch service to students.
- An ability to teach and empathise with others
- Good knowledge of IT
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Patience and listening skills
- Ability to write clear and concise reports to tight deadlines
- Ability to 'think outside the box' to provide appropriate solutions for individual
- Ability to present information clearly and in differing ways to suit people's needs
- Ability to identify students' learning needs and tailor teaching sessions
- Ability to motivate and encourage
- Good organisation skills
- Punctual, professional and dependable
- Degree-level qualification
- Teaching experience and/or qualifications
- Knowledge or experience with both MAC and PC operating systems
- Knowledge of assistive software packages or willingness to learn:
- Mind mapping
- Voice recognition software
- Knowledge or capacity to learn Study Skills techniques
- Prior knowledge or training in Ergonomics and Ergonomic Workplace Assessments
- Full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Specialist software packages (graphics, film or music software)
- You will be required to have a CRB check.
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Ergonomic Assessor, Assessor, Trainer, Trainer Assessor, Tutor, Assistive Technology Tutor will also be considered for this role.