Relationship Manager - South Africa
The successful candidate will grow and extend our relationships with professional investors in South Africa.
You will be expected to establish and maintain engagement with key fund buyers across the spectrum of the wealth management industry, including retail banks, discretionary fund managers, asset managers and financial advisers.
Citywire helps investors and asset managers to connect in many ways: Citywire publishes its own news, analysis and unique fund manager performance information to help professional investors – from financial advisers, wealth managers to fund selectors – make the best decisions about where to place their clients' money. We currently employ around 250 people with offices around the world in London, Brighton, New York, Munich, Milan and Singapore, but we have a presence in countries all over the globe. It's an exciting time to join us since we're expanding our teams and delivering on new projects that will take Citywire to the next level.
We are essentially looking for people who can make connections and build rapports with people. If you can keep people entertained over a coffee or in a meeting room, you could well be an ideal fit for the role.
You will focus on developing Citywire’s relationships with key investment professionals in South Africa, growing the readership base of fund buyers and engaging these with our various tailored activities. The Audience Development department is seen as pivotal for collecting market intelligence for the company and as such you will be travelling regularly to South Africa, meeting face to face with our audiences that we aim to serve with fund manager data, news and through our events.
The team is multi-disciplined and contributes editorial content, research projects based on intelligence gathered on-the-road, delegate recruitment for national and international events and control the internal database of registered professional users.
This role is ideal for an outgoing individual who enjoys meeting new people, is willing to do what it takes to get the job done from the smallest to the more fulfilling tasks, is creative and is most comfortable.
- Building relationships – identifying relevant segment-specific new leads to grow the database of investment professionals in South Africa, managing your agenda securing face-to-face meetings with these travelling across the regions, identifying market trends/ideas, maintaining contact via phone/email to build strong relationships;
- Editorial – Working with our audience to develop ideas for features and engaging audience to contribute with editorial collaborations;
- Research – Using the information gathered through meetings, highlighting areas for potential research projects and to improve our services to engage our audience in print and at events;
- Promoting Citywire products such as events, publications, website and manager ratings database, research and more to our audience;
- Events – Working with our events team, recruiting relevant delegates within our audience for each event, attend events to meet audience, interview these and carry out general ad-hoc duties;
- Knowledge – developing knowledge of your publication title and on the latest themes of most relevance for the audience, through meetings with these, keeping up to date with news and collaborating with other areas of the business.
Job specific skills / requirements
- Proficiency in MS office
- Fluency in English is required
- Experience working autonomously and off your own initiative
- Your communication skills will be excellent
- Flexibility is a must as this role requires availability to travel to South Africa regularly
- Experience working under pressure and to deadlines is advantageous
Who we are
Having a common set of values sets the tone of everything we do and how we do it. These values should feel intuitive and natural – conversely, not supporting these values is a serious problem!
Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect are four core values. We can and should disagree with one another, in the interests of getting the right answer. Arguments for truth, not ego. We should always focus on sustainability at every level of the company.
Excelling at your job will contribute to high performance at Citywire. You should have a continuous and constructive spoken dialogue with your manager about your performance, with particular reference to these behaviours: A positive approach; collaborating with colleagues; a make-it-happen attitude.
Competitive salary and additional company benefits
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Flexible working options
- £480 allowance on any wellbeing activity and/or gym options. We will help with your monthly or annual costs
- We have a personal trainer who runs virtual workout sessions during lunchtime weekly
- Eye-test and glasses allowance
- Medical and Dental private insurance available after probation (3 months)
- Competitive private pension scheme
- Critical illness cover and group life assurance from day 1
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12 months and make a National Insurance saving too
After two years continuous service you will also have access to group income protection.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometric tests.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams.
Citywire is an equal opportunities employer