Job Title: Administrative Officer - Attendance
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Salary: £19,137 - £20,565 per annum.
Job Type: Full time, Term Time
Closing Date: 10am on Tuesday 7th September 2021
The College is located in Hulme a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. It is one of the largest Sixth Form Colleges in the country and rated as Outstanding at the last Ofsted Inspection.
They are seeking a reliable and suitably experienced individual for the role of Administrative Officer to provide administrative support to members of the College Management Team and others.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work in conjunction with the Heads of Hall and tutors to identify students at risk of leaving college
- To support the Heads of Hall in contacting identified students and their parents
- To assist Heads of Hall and the administration team in the monitoring, collating and reporting of attendance
- To actively participate in and deliver their contribution to the team, covering for other Administration Officers where appropriate.
- Deal with incoming e-mails, responding directly or escalating enquiries as necessary in a timely manner.
- To provide a range of administrative functions including: answering and distribution of telephone calls, assisting and producing, where applicable, mail merge letters, PowerPoint presentations, inputting data and spreadsheet tasks.
- To become familiar with the services provided by the office in order to be able to deal with enquiries and requests for information from both internal and external enquirers.
- To be conversant with the college systems and to operate these when required.
- To prioritise and allocate in the most efficient and effective way, all incoming work and have flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- To review and maintain administrative procedures to ensure compliance with college procedures and adherence to data protection legislation.
- To further develop an efficient administrative support system, realising and deploying the potential of IT and other technologies in the administration of the College.
- Assist with the collation/preparation of materials required for college events/ roadshows.
- To work as an effective member of the whole college administration team.
- The post holder will be expected to work flexibly to provide cover for and/or work in collaboration with colleagues in the college office.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be allocated by the Principal, or her designates or the Office Manager to enhance the work of the college.
- To work Closely with and support the Admissions Manager with the full admission cycle
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Experience in an administrative role
- Proficiency in working with standard office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to empathise with 16-19 year olds within a college situation
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Professional Development
- A willingness to show flexibility in working arrangements in terms of duties and working patterns to meet emergencies and changes circumstances
Personal Attributes and Specifications:
- Positive and Enthusiastic approach
- Flexibility and a readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Smart in appearance and manner
- Ability to work outside normal office hours on occasions
- In sympathy with the Catholic ethos of the College, including a commitment to co-operation and helpfulness and a concern for the well-being of others
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- Ability to meet the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act (to be legally employed to work in the UK)
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of: School Administrator, Administrative Officer, Administrative Assistant, Administration Executive, Office Administrator, Administration Clerk, Business Administrator, General Administration will be considered for this role.