The role of Collections Agent is primarily to communicate with our customers in arrears predominantly via telephone and on occasion via written communications methods. We strive to ensure that our customers receive a professional, compliant journey at all times therefore outstanding
customer services skills are paramount.
In addition, we look for people with great work ethics, the ability to be able to work to tight deadlines and communicate effectively at all levels. Within a regulated environment and fast paced department there are of course service levels, KP’s and targets to be met all geared to meet our customers’ expectations whilst achieving the business goals.
The role will be varied, it includes but is not limited to the following;
- To recover customer arrears via telephone, and written communications and any other digital methods introduced into the department / function
- Set appropriate, sustainable and complaint repayment arrangements
- To address failed arrangements in an appropriate and timely manner
- Address customer’s change of circumstances in line with company policy and procedures surrounding potentially vulnerable customers
- To liaise with other Oodle departments to ensure the customer receives the correct outcomes to collections issues raised
- General administration duties
- To adhere to the rules and guidelines as set out by the company and its regulators (FCA / ICO/ FLA)
- To address and raise any risks identified throughout the course of the role and in line with company policy
- To assist in projects / mini initiatives within the collections function as advised by line manager
- Adhere to KPI’s set by the business
- Understand and adhere to departmental Service Levels (SLA)
- To meet individual targets
- To contribute to team targets
- To complete any reasonable ad-hoc requests
- To assist with the tracing function within the department where necessary
Essential Requirements for the Role
- Must have 18 months minimum collections experience ideally within a regulated environment
- Asset / Car finance would be an advantage.
- Consumer Finance desirable but not essential
Skills and qualifications
- You must have 5 GCSE's including Maths and English at C grade or above, plus have successfully completed A Levels/ BTEC or Equivalent.
- You must be IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel.
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- To be able to recognise and deal with customers sensitive circumstances and ensure the appropriate actions is taken
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
- Friendly and helpful approach
- Treat your colleagues, clients and their customers and third parties with respect
- Good timekeeping
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
The Collections team are currently open to customers 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 9am until 5pm – within these core hours the shifts are currently 8am – 4pm, 10 am - 6pm and 11 – 7pm.
You will be required to work 1 in 3 Saturdays and some Bank Holidays (not Christmas!) but will get days off in lieu.
What we offer;
- Competitive Basic Salary
- 10% Bonus
- Standard Life Pension (9% non-contributory)
- AXA Healthcare with Family cover
- Share Options for Top Performers
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Full training and development.
- Perks* and other extras;
- Paid day off to Volunteer with our nominated charity
- Complimentary Fresh Fruit, Diet Coke/ Coke, we provide breakfast, great coffee and plenty of tea!!
- Seasonal social events - including our summer party for staff and their families
- Season Travel Ticket Loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
* Some of these are on hold due to COVID19 restrictions