We are looking to recruit a Tutor (Learning Coach) to deliver our apprenticeships in Electrical.
As a Tutor, you will deliver Apprenticeship standards (and other programmes as applicable) to a caseload of learners. Ensuring that all learners experience a high quality learning programme in terms of content, structure and learning support.
You will be required to deliver consistently positive learning outcomes and progress by employing an effective variety of learning methods, skills development, coaching and mentoring with a self-motivated and proactive approach.
This post is offered on a permanent basis, working 37 hours per week, however consideration will be given to any part time applications. Due to the nature of this post you must be willing to travel to various locations predominantly within the Northwest.
- Manage and maintain a caseload of learners and carry out regular learner interventions
- Ensure evidence for learning, achievement, funding and Ofsted is captured effectively and timely including:
- 20% Off the job training requirements are fully met and recorded
- Learners achieve the highest grade in End Point Assessment they are capable of
- Individualised learning programmes, agreed with employer and learner based on initial assessments and including Maths and English
- Engage the learner's line manager, making clear their responsibilities and working collaboratively to provide support, guidance and opportunities for learning
- Plan the end point assessment process with learners and employers, ensuring preparation and practice is included in the learning plan
- Inspire and motivate learners and identify any barriers and adapt to your learners' needs
- Motivate and drive learners to achieve their qualifications on time.
- Deliver Maths and English (and ICT where applicable), to support the learner's achievement and progress in these
- Ensure marking and feedback to the learner is accurate and supports their development
- Work closely with IQA's on best practice and development needs.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with employers ensuring progression and new leads are generated
- Produce accurate and timely reports as agreed with your line manager based on your KPI's
- Contribute to the production of high quality learning materials
- Living the values of the Group through positive behaviours and attitude
- Relevant occupational sector experience and relevant qualifications (at a level higher than delivery), and/or current updated CPD
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of coaching to support learning
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent
- Driving licence and access to a car is essential as travelling is required. Travelling to see learners at their workplace is an essential part of this role. (A car allowance is provided)
- Ability to deliver high quality, effective coaching that meets learner needs
- Excellent level of skills in written and oral and presentational areas, understanding the importance of focus on the audience to support learning
- Ability to plan, paying attention to detail and a track record in developing and delivering robust, effective, prioritised plans which achieve KPIs and strategic aims
- Proactively drive learner performance and engagement
- Seeks continuous improvement - seeks to improve processes and implement and embed changes
- Coaching qualification
- TAQA, AVA, A1 or D32/33 Assessor Qualification
- Knowledge of Government funded training
- Fully flexible working pattern- responsibility for planning your own diary
- Competitive Salary
- All equipment is provided to complete the role
- Blended delivery model which includes working from home, centres and face to face on site visits
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Development opportunities through our own in-house programmes and recognised qualifications
Dovetail and Slate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, applicants and clients to share this commitment.
This role may involve work with under 18's or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Dovetail and Slate ltd acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).