The UK's fastest-growing law firm is an organisation like no other. It is progressive, inclusive, flexible, ambitious and able to provide you with unparalleled career progression.
The role is a fantastic all-rounder role with no two days ever the same - you will work in PR and Comms, Events, Digital, Product Development, Bids and BD. Legal experience is essential.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to join a genuinely client-centric law firm that advises many of the UK’s leading private and public sector organisations. You will be responsible for providing hands-on business development and marketing communications support to the Commercial Services Group (CSG). The group covers a range of legal services including Commercial, Corporate, Construction, Dispute Resolution and Banking & Restructuring.
This is a national role supporting the Business Development Manager for CSG and working alongside another Business Development Executive and the wider Business Development team.
You will be invested in. They want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, ongoing training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of the Support team, you will be a vital part of the continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Supporting the development and delivery of thought-leadership campaigns
- Producing videos, podcasts and other forms of digital content
- Creating and maintaining marketing materials in digital and print formats
- Running a programme of virtual, in-person and hybrid events
- Working with the Digital Communications team to manage content across the website and social media channels
- Working with the Press Office to identify opportunities and capitalising on PR opportunities
- Creating legal directory and award submissions for CSG teams
- Supporting internal communications through the intranet, MS Teams sites and email channels
BD & Bids Support
- Supporting BDMs in creating and progressing sales pipelines and identifying opportunities to cross-sell services to existing clients
- Producing creds, proposals and pitch presentations to support CSG teams in winning new business
- Working with the CSG BDM and the central Bids team on formal bid opportunities
- Supporting the Bids team in maintaining a library of precedent text for bids through the pitch management system (PitchPerfect)
- Supporting the creation of new products and services, working with the innovative Legal Tech team
Client Relationship Management
- Supporting the CSG BDM in developing client plans for priority clients
- Helping drive forward the actions in the client plans, with support from the Client Engagement team
- Attending client events and other networking opportunities
- Building your own relationships with clients, intermediaries and industry groups
The Ideal Candidate
Their employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Graduate or equivalent with BD/marketing experience in a professional services environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills - gains respect and credibility quickly
- Good copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience in using BD/marketing technologies (e.g. CRM systems, email marketing platforms, webinar services and website/intranet content management systems) would be advantageous
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and a keen interest in developing your knowledge of the firm, the legal sector and the clients that we support
- Able to work well under pressure and drive projects to completion
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active and robust
- Good humoured and positive outlook