Based in their central London offices, my client is a leading UK provider of Corporate Hospitality, with a long track record of providing blue chip UK and European events to the UK’s top-quality medium and large-scale businesses.
We are looking for someone to help build on their success over the last 10 years, Leading efforts to establish and retain business growth opportunities, primarily obtaining new clients, and fostering new business relationships to increase revenue from sales.
Events include all the Seasons major Weeks (Wimbledon, Ascot, Henley, Lords, The Open) plus Rugby, Football, Formula 1 (UK, Europe & USA) and many more.
Working from the London Victoria offices as Sales Director (Business Development), you'll lead the research and identification of new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business to continue to grow.
Your Corporate Hospitality markets expertise will allow you to develop both our strategic planning and our positioning in the appropriate markets, enhancing the operation of the business, its market visibility and brand.
Business Development Manager Skills and Qualifications:
You'll need to have the tenacity and drive to lead a UK wide team of over 25 sales professionals, seeking new business, developing existing relationships and meeting and exceeding targets set - managing sales cycles from end to end.
- Expert in conceiving and selling new market-place innovation and product enhancements with internal and external partners
- Proven in the delivery of dynamic up selling strategies and product solutions, enhancing contract efficiency through both business optimisation and effective analytics
- Experienced in the selection of top talent & the development of the sales teams focus to secure all targeted metrics from lead generation to closing the sale
- Keen eye for detail, successfully negotiating complex commercial contracts to secure the P&L objectives
- Working alongside customers, partners and third parties up to “C level” to provide expertise, leadership & support, understanding client needs and aspirations
- Manages senior level engagement across all departments to ensure ownership and plan execution
- Skilled in planning, monitoring and delivering all key aspects of complex projects on time and within budget
- Excellent communicator, focusing on the development of Best Practice and the provision of a consistent culture of learning and improvement through every implementation
- Able to constructively challenge current thinking, planning and implementing dynamic change to secure the strategic objectives (increased revenue, profits, value and growth)
- An effective telephone manner, with an ability to develop team tactics for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates that are effective
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication - needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills in both traditional and digital formats (MS Teams / Zoom).
- A clear ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- A self-starter with the ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Well established negotiating skills
- The ability to think strategically yet act swiftly as required
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires both co-workers and clients, continually expanding client product portfolios and resulting monthly spends.
Salary of £70 - 100K (dependant on book & experience) with a significant bonus package on offer
Quality Co. Car or allowance & opportunity to travel UK & abroad
Pension, dental & medical
As a competitive role, a related business degree is an advantage. Relevant subjects include:
- business studies
- finance & accountancy
- international relations
- sales & marketing
(A postgraduate degree is not a requirement)
Proven track record of delivering significant growth in a blue-chip (multi-million pound) Channel sales environments.
Track record of selecting, recruiting and developing a high performing business development function that meets and exceeds its KPI’s and financial targets.
To apply please forward your CV with contact details.