Head of Credit and Underwriting
Salary: £70k- £85k + Bonus + Generous Benefits + Flexibility to work from home
Working Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am-5.00pm
Our client is a specialist property lender that operates in the niche short-term finance market, they are looking for an experienced Head of Credit and Underwriting to join their dynamic and fast-growing company.
- Experience in bridging and development finance.
- Leadership skills to act as manager and mentor to the Underwriting team.
- Be confident in providing structured training for the team and support with performance reviews.
- Knowledge of operating in accordance with the principles of TCF. As part of the Bank, our client will recognise and fully comply with its regulatory requirements under PRA and FCA supervision.
- Good customer service and client relationship skills to nurture and develop the existing relationships that the bank has with intermediaries.
- Be a 'best in class resource’ to enhance their client experience.
- Motivated and driven to support the ambitious growth plans of this successful company in the coming years.
- To underwrite and manage loan applications in line with the Bank’s policy’s and procedures.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders as well as approved Panels of professional advisors (including Solicitors, Valuers and Surveyors).
- To act as a second line of defence role, to lead the team responsible for mainstream underwriting of all deals, with due regard for Policy and regulation.
- To be a member of Credit Committee as approved by the Boards of the Bank.
- To assist the Managing Directors and Chief Credit Officer with submission of Policies, Processes and Procedures for in accordance with the company’s credit strategy.
- To ensure systems and processes for credit underwriting and monitoring of MI are fit for purpose.
- To ensure all credit applications are reviewed within a professional and timely response.
- To efficiently manage the pipeline of new business and credit applications.
- To understand and analyse key items for assessing credit risk, such as business & development appraisals, valuation reports, legal due diligence, credit searches and financial statements.
- To review and collate the regular submission of Credit & Underwriting MI to the committee.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Underwriter with at least 3 years in Bridging and Development Finance.
- Proven background in Banking with a particular emphasis on Credit, Securities and Banking Law.
- Extensive practical experience of Credit Underwriting and Loans Administration from within both a Commercial Banking environment and Specialist Finance environment.
- Previous experience of Line Management responsibilities.
- Good regulatory knowledge of the principles behind TCF, Responsible Lending and Vulnerable Customers.
- Robust understanding of financial accounts, valuations, business appraisals and credit searches.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines when required and experience of working in a dynamic team.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Adaptable & flexible with Client-focused approach.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team with a "can do" attitude.
- Salary up to £85k.
- Flexibility to work from home twice a week.
- 25 days holiday.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Pension contribution of 6%.
- Health care cover.