Architectural Design Manager -Competitive Salary- Manchester
Are you a qualified architectural designer with at least 5 years’ experience within a UK practice? Do you have experience of the F&B/ Pharma sectors? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking to appoint an Architectural Design Manager to manage the definition of architectural and construction work packages from client concepts through to fully detailed construction design packages.
The successful candidate will also lead and support bid proposals and feasibility studies to enable a design and build project to be quantified, costed and presented to deliver the clients brief.
The key responsibilities of an Architectural Design Manager include, but are not limited to:
- To plan resources and people to match current and future pipeline work.
- Develop and build the architectural design team with succession plans to inform the training and development requirements.
- Responsibility for estimating then delivering the budget margins on the design costs
- Manage and check supporting schedules, calculations and material selections in order to estimate / procure the architectural package.
- Design production of the complete architectural package for facility new builds / refurbishments / reinstatements and fit out.
- To understand and promote the SPIE composite panelling system and other high performance clean room fabric systems.
- Design of detailed interfaces for the different cleanroom items to achieve cleanliness and air permeability performance.
- Design of cleanroom panelling with minimum waste and efficient joints and rips. Coordination of wall and ceiling services to the cleanroom with aperture positioning maintaining panel integrity.
- To manage and produce architectural drawings and modelling in order to achieve programme and procurement deadlines.
The key skills and qualities of an Architectural Design Manager are:
- Qualified as an Architectural Designer with extensive working experience within a UK practice required.
- Confident leading their team through concept, detailed design, technical design, and delivery stages of projects
- Work and resource planning to match current and pipeline work loads
- A thorough understanding of design issues on clean facilities to include necessary solutions in their design
- Preparation of supporting design calculations
- Production of procurement schedules with material selections and BOMs
- Proficiency in IT packages relevant to the role, mainly Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience with cleanroom / modular architectural modelling including details of interfaces and supports
- Experience within F&B / Pharma sectors
- Highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take a methodical and planned approach
- Experience of auditing work against a quality management system
- Demonstrate a good understanding of MEP fundamental principles and disciplines (Desirable)
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK’s Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.