Axon Moore are looking for an experienced Finance Power BI Consultant to work with an innovative data driven global business who are market leaders in their field.
As Power BI Consultant you will be based in Manchester City Centre and working on a semi remote basis.
You will work closely with our Finance Transformation Manager and the Finance team and be responsible for creating a suite of Power BI reports and ensuring the integrity and consistency of internal data across multiple systems and look at opportunities on creating an automated solution amongst the many systems.
As Power BI Consultant you will help to shape how back-office data travels from one system to another, identify data workflows as well inaccuracies and spot any gaps where data is not consistent across the systems.
Once confident with data integrity and the mappings across systems have been identified, the role of Power BI Consultant would require to help build the API’s and linkage amongst systems. The data consistency across the system will help drive efficient financial processes as well as other back-office processes.
Ultimately, the role will have a heavy input into creating and maintaining an internal Data Warehouse, as well as help with the implantation of a BI Platform tool like Power BI, Tableau or any others identified in tendering process.
This is an exciting role for someone who is looking to further their BI career into more than just being a “report writer”. While identifying reporting requirements and report writing will most certainly be part of the responsibility of this role from the outset, this role will give massive experience to someone who is looking to help shape how the BI functionality will look.
The perfect candidate will not just be a talented data focused Analyst, but someone that can bring new ways of thinking and can help transform internal and management data usage
As our team develops, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow into an adept influencer, a thought leader across the division and an integral member of the Finance team.Person Specification:
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience with SQL, SSIS and other relational database tools.
- Identifying and managing data flow processes including the design of database architecture and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes
- Cleansing of data across multiple internal systems and creating linkage across different systems.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a data warehouse/staging database for reporting purposes.
- Assist in implementation of a BI tool like Power BI, Tableau, DOMO etc.
- Ability to communicate and present complex information in an appropriate format and style to suit customer requirements
- Undertaking integrity checks of data used, ensuring early identification of data problems and how to resolve them.
- The ability to articulate and document architectural solutions and processes.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management.
- Develop reports and dashboards via SQL, VBA or advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Please send a CV and salary expectations for an immediate conversation.