UK Brokerage Coordinator - Freight Forwarding - Manchester - Up to £30,000.
About the Company
With safety, quality, efficiency and customer service as a priority the UK Brokerage Coordinator will be a critical part of the business. Using your freight forwarding knowledge, you will facilitate the completion of Import, Export customs declarations for shipments by Airfreight, Sea freight and Road freight. You will work with key stakeholders to ensure that customs clearance declarations are made in a timely manner to ensure that shipments are delivered on time and no delays are incurred. Developing our business goes hand in hand in developing our people’s skills, with the support of the Manger Europe Regional Compliance, you will be open to career progression and continued self-development in order to reach your personal and business goals.
UK Brokerage Coordinator - The Rewards
- Salary up to £30,000
- Company pension Scheme
- Training and career development
UK Brokerage Coordinator - Requirements
- Knowledge of tariff classification, valuation and origin
- Knowledge of import duties
- Experience of working within Freight Forwarding Industry
- Working with in import/export with an understanding of documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of EUR1’s and free trade agreements.
- Commodity codes - essential
- Customs entries experience is desired
- Understanding valuation methods
UK Brokerage Coordinator - Responsibilities
- Check the classification and valuation of goods, make sure the right commodity code is used,
- Comply with laws, regulations and standards,
- Provide and maintain good customer service to Business Units,
- Upload documents on to On Base to maintain record keeping requirements for HMRC,
- Apply for any necessary licenses for imports on restricted goods,
- Communicate with Business Unit daily to meet with SLA
- Monitor clearance status within in e-customs
- Knowledge of IP and required reporting into HMRC
- Extensive knowledge of the preparation and completion of customs entries (Import and Export)
- Strong Knowledge of CPC’s for imports and export entry procedures
- Knowledge of MSS
- Creating Letters of Instruction
- Escalate Import / Export issue to Manager Europe Regional Compliance in a timely manner to avoid delays in customs clearance
- Knowledge of FTA Origin and Preference
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to Detail2Recruitment website.