Technical Manager - Rubber Compounding - Manchester - Up to £50,000
About the company
Our client is an established, privately owned Group of companies with an extensive track record in the research, development, manufacture and distribution of high-performance specialist materials and products for a diverse range of industrial requirements and markets worldwide.
The Technical Manager (Compounding) will be responsible for managing product and process development activities as well as managing the rubber compounding laboratory testing resources to meet business and customer requirements.
Technical Manager - The Rewards
- Salary - £40,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience
Technical Manager - Requirements
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in a similar role with experience of rubber compound or polymer development
- Self-motivated, organised and have a systematic approach.
- You must enjoy working as part of a team.
- If you have previously worked as a rubber technologist a relevant degree would be advantageous but not essential.
- Previous experience in managing laboratory resources would be highly beneficial
Technical Manager - Responsibilities
- Manage compounding product and process development activities to satisfy company and customer objectives.
- Work with customers/potential customers to develop products and processes which reflect their requirements.
- Visit customers to assist with sales development, technical support or complaint investigation and resolution.
- Produce Recipes including mix cycles for the Rubber compounding area.
- Support sales, as required, with the production of accurate costings to enable the issue of customer quotes.
- Ensure release documentation for customers and all other paperwork is in accordance with stated requirements.
- Ensure all relevant Customer and Company standards and specifications are maintained and remain current
- Ensure all rubber compounds are tested to defined standards British, International Standards or customer specific.
- Maintain relevant records in accordance with agreed document retention guidelines
- Ensure all Coating laboratory equipment and measuring devices are serviced and calibrated as required
- Manage and develop the Rubber Compounding laboratory and technical staff ensuring all testing and paperwork is produced in a timely manner and is accurate.
- Identify and develop potential new products to complement and expand the company’s product offering.
- Assess the feasibility and economic viability of new product manufacture.
- Evaluate alternative raw materials or work processes to ensure products are competitive in the market.
- Test and co-ordinate trials of new products and processes which become available, keeping up to date with marketplace developments.
- Issue experimental / temporary manufacturing instructions, organising and maintaining records of all trials undertaken.
- Provide information for data sheets, specifications, Health & Safety data sheets and other technical literature for new products.
- Arrange and supervise external testing as and when required.
- Investigate and identify root cause of any internal and external non-conformances and complaints and work with relevant departments to avoid re-occurrence.
- Provide technical support and advice to customers and internal staff regarding the wide variety of rubber compounds available.
- Ensure compliance with the company Quality Management System, health, safety and environment guidelines, policies and regulations
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. Please note, due to a high volume of applications, you may not receive a response if unsuccessful. For information on how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information, please refer to Detail2Recruitment website.