ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR – Manchester – £35,000
HYBRID ROLE offering a mix of both office and home working
Our client is a Top 10 practice with offices based in central Manchester. They are looking for a career-orientated individual to join their highly successful team. Strong communication skills are essential, alongside a flexible approach to the workplace.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the preparation of accounts for clients at all levels from large Corporates to SME’s. Much work is done for the client on the year end statutory accounts, in advance of audit and therefore a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, Consolidation technique, LLP SORP, Charities SORP and UK GAAP is essential.
You will be required to profitably manage a portfolio of clients, working with a team of staff to ensure the highest possible standards of client service at all times and to take an active role in the growth of the office, through identification of opportunities and involvement in the business development process.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager/ partner and client
- Planning assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements
- Supervising on assignments, as and when required
- Briefing junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary
- Performing the firms’ review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts, management letters and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis
- Liaising with the client throughout the year and practicing the principles of excellent client service at all times
- Ensuring that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the firms’ specialist services, actively look for opportunities to cross-sell, and to undertake special work in response to client needs, where appropriate
- Monitoring the practice management system reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis
- Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements
- Supporting the training and development of the staff within the ABA department
- Undertaking any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate
This role would be ideally suited to an experienced Accountant that is ACA or ACCA qualified or part qualified, however applicants with relevant experience will also be considered. As you will be looking after small to medium sized clients you will most likely be working in a small to medium sized independent firm. You will need to have strong oral and written communication skills along with well-developed people skills to relate to both clients and colleagues. A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements, strong accounts production skills and knowledge and experience of working within an Audit department is essential.