Reed are working with a fantastic R&D Tax firm who are on the lookout for new staff to further help grow the division. They are ideally looking for an R&D Manager, but all experience within R&D will be considered.
The ideal candidate would be able to contribute to the growth of the business and strengthening of the company’s reputation by leading the quantification team within the R&D department, in a way that ensures the team provide both an efficient and high-quality service with a client-focused approach. They will be able to ensure that correct methods of quantification are applied so claims are robust and can be upheld in the event of a HMRC enquiry.
Duties within the role:
1. Line management of the quantification team including managing performance against objectives, supporting the team with their development plans, providing feedback, managing attendance and providing day-to-day support
2. Resource management of the quantification team ensuring claims are appropriately allocated across the team and resources are managed so that billing/throughput targets are met
3. Ensuring quantification standards and procedures are adhered to
4. Ensuring quantification on all claims is accurate, rationale is explained, and the claim can be justified should HMRC investigate it
5. Assessing risks relating to the quantification aspect of the claim, documenting those risks and highlighting them to the Associate Director of Operations
6. Quantifying claims where appropriate
7. Responding to HMRC enquiries where appropriate
8. Providing management information to the Associate Director of Operations and the Board when required
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Ability to lead a team in a way that encourages transparency, honesty, 2-way feedback, collaboration and empowerment
2. Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines for a team as well as personally
3. Ability to read accounts and absorb relevant information from them
4. Ability to challenge others in a respectful and professional way, probing appropriately
5. Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally
6. Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information
7. Ability to influence others and deal with challenging situations calmly
8. Ability to work under pressure and respond quickly at short notice
9. Sound decision-making even when under pressure
If you think this role is for you then please apply today to be considered. For further information or other opportunities please don't hesitate to give us a call on .