Remote Based Collections Specialist
Salary: Between £22,000-£26,000 (DOE) plus excellent bonus & benefits package
We’re looking for enthusiastic Collections Advisors (working from home) with a passion for amazing customer service and a proven track record in consumer debt collection to join my clients growing Customer Operations Team.
What you’ll do
- Handle all day to day collections contact with borrowers that are having difficulty making repayments.
- Be responsible for minimising customer arrears by chasing debt via telephone, email, letter etc, ensuring you adhere to UK legislation and regulation.
- Use our policies to ensure that customers who miss payments are contacted to bring their account back into order.
- Demonstrate an ability to ask open and probing questions in order to understand each customer's situation.
- Take responsibility for regulatory communications, ensuring they are sent out promptly and meet all requirements.
- Provide additional support with our ongoing customer inbound and outbound contact, picking up emails and calls as required.
- Support the Collections Manager in the development of customer service communications.
- You’ll learn our products inside out and build relationships with our customers to understand their needs, assist them with product applications, and support them through the product life cycle.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are excited by the power of technology to change people’s lives.
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- You have experience in a customer or client facing environment.
- You have a proven track record in consumer debt collection, and are comfortable discussing repayment of debt with customers.
- You delight in solving problems for customers, going above and beyond to treat customers fairly and leave them feeling valued.
- You enjoy interacting with customers on a daily basis, both over the phone and by email.
- You love to get involved - be it in solving a specific issue for a customer at a point in time, or driving changes through to help us make our product better.
- You are comfortable having potentially difficult conversations with customers that may be behind with repayments, and are willing to go the extra mile to help them get out of debt by finding an appropriate solution.
- You remain tactful and calm when having a difficult conversation with a customer.
- You have an upbeat approach and are able to think on your feet.
- You are confident and flexible, with the ability to handle a fast moving environment, interacting with a wide range of people.
- You have excellent communication skills and are capable of presenting complex details, concepts and information in an easy to understand format.
- You have customer service experience in a financial services, technology or collections business
- You have experience of working in a regulated environment.
- You are familiar with CRM systems.
- You have knowledge of TCF, the Data Protection Act/GDPR, CCA and Anti Money Laundering procedures.
We can offer flexible working from home shift pattern, 40 hours per week over Monday to Sunday, between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm - so flexibility is needed