Operation Manager (Personal Lines Insurance)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 coupled with an excellent benefits package
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Location: Manchester (Work From home opportunities available)
About Our Client
My client is a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. The Group are a modern and progressive group of companies incorporating major names in the automotive and insurance industries, who are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager
The Job Role:
To oversee, improve and be accountable for departmental performance. Working with a team of team leaders to achieve targets and SLAs set in line with business plan and objectives, as well as identifying and implementing commercial and continuous opportunities. This role will hold responsibility for both the daily and longer-term achievements of the business so successful candidates will need to be able to think strategically as well as operationally.
- Lead, motivate and develop the team to achieve their targets and career aspirations.
- Devising and implementing strategies to ensure customer and commercial success.
- Maintain a broad and up to date knowledge of customer contact and the insurance industry by developing a strong external network and seeking out industry best practices.
- Having a constant "finger on the pulse" so as to avoid any operational problems that arise from escalating.
- Working with resource planning to ensure an understanding of day to day requirements and longer term resource requirements for the team.
- To develop and ensure the enforcement of operational guidelines, regulations and processes so as to operate clearly within FCA requirements.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with internal departments including Complaints, Quality Assessing, Talent Development and Talent Acquisition, proactively seeking to build on current performance by improving inter departmental processes and communication.
- Take a proactive approach to improve business performance. Regularly assessing the performance of your area, looking for ways to drive it forward, and working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure successful implementation.
- Overseeing projects through the full project life cycle.
- Adhere to company processes to ensure all regulatory obligations and requirements are met.
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as per the needs of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Working in a call centre environment at the management level
- Continuous improvement and project implementation Skills
- Workforce management strategy and IT tools
- Commercially focussed and able to easily identify business opportunities through effective use of MI
- People centric leader with a track record of coaching direct reports to achieve business targets and career aspirations
- Demonstrable experience of change management and leading teams through change
- Knowledge of Personal Lines insurance products ideal