Relationship Manager - Real Estate Finance / Commercial Banking
Serves the needs of scale up or medium sized and fast-growing SMEs; professionals; high net worth and mass affluent individuals - market segments that still value human service enabled by great technology.
Professional and personal lives often overlap, and the banks mission is to help empower their customers to achieve their ambitions by serving all their interdependent banking needs. They provide a comprehensive range of digitally enabled products and services to meet the property finance, business and commercial banking, private banking and personal savings needs of their customers.
Their human and digital model transforms banking for customers who still value a face-to-face relationship that is enabled by the latest digital technology.
To relationship manage an established portfolio of small to medium sized professional landlords in the mainstream residential and commercial real estate sector, monitoring credit performance and supporting future lending requirements. The expectation is that the individual should progress to a wider Relationship Director role within 2-3 years.
- Manage own portfolio of business customers (xx customers and £xx million of lending). Meet growth, performance, and income targets through the proactive development of new business from your own portfolio of customers and via leads supplied by Relationship Directors and through the sale/referral of products and services.
- Independently assess, critically evaluate, prepare, and submit applications for loan facilities, ensuring appropriate commentary and analysis to aid decision making to the high standards expected.
- Monitor credit portfolio and take action as necessary to minimise risk and ensure quality account management.
- Maintain delivery of a high-quality service to customers.
- Understand the banks products and services, proactively identify and action sales opportunities in order to meet business objectives.
- Build knowledge and understanding of relevant markets and customers in order to anticipate and meet their needs.
- Ensure that portfolio is fully compliant with the Bank’s AML policies and procedures.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge in Real Estate Finance lending transactions to professional landlords either as a manager or in a direct support role is preferred, however candidates with generalist commercial banking sector experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Lending practices - understand the whole customer credit journey including regulatory requirements.
- Property market - good understanding of the mainstream residential and commercial property market especially in the local area is preferable.
- Good understanding of financial accounts.
- Strong service ethos.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
- Good understanding of wider banking services.
- Examples of can-do attitude and track record of quick progression.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and committed with a strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and improve performance.
- Ability to build rapport with people across the business whilst retaining a high level of professionalism.
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive basic salary, dependent upon experience.
Various other benefits including an annual cash allowance, generous non-contributory pension, annual discretionary bonus, healthcare, life cover and more.