At Bruntwood, we're committed to offering more than just outstanding office, coworking, retail and lab spaces. Everything we do is tied into our vision of building vibrant communities, whilst providing businesses with the support and expertise they need to grow. From exclusive events and networking opportunities to state-of-the-art facilities designed to put employee wellbeing first, there’s something to help every business thrive.
We own, develop and manager over £1bn in property assets across England as well as contributing over £5mn to charity. Have a look at our website for more information.
This position will sit in the Commercial finance team, giving you exposure to multiple areas of finance to develop through your CIMA studies, which we will subsidise and allow study leave for.
What you'll be doing:
Financial Reporting and Financial Accounting
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly management accounting for all major development projects including Balance Sheet reconciliations, Revaluation and Profit & Loss
- Prepare accruals and prepayments for operating & capital expenditure
- Reconcile speculative development fees and associated legal and professional costs.
- Review accounting treatment and prepare any necessary audit requests at financial year end
- Deal with numerous ad hoc reporting requests from Project Managers & Group Reporting
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare for and attend regular meetings with Asset Managers, Development Surveyors and Project Managers for each project
- Monitor performance against asset and project plans including delivery milestones
- Assist in preparation of the quarterly business plan, explaining any significant movements and assumption changes
- Assist in reporting financial results through to Group Finance and provide explanations for variances to budget.
- Support in the preparation of project update reports and development scheme proposals on all acquisitions, developments and disposals.
- Prepare analysis to support monthly management meetings in which all key decisions are discussed and agreed.
- Prepare project cash-flow forecasts, and update the Group cash-flow forecast in accordance with timetable.
- Review weekly BACS payments prior to final approval & update the weekly cash forecast
- Regularly review committed expenditure with the Project Managers and ensure the cash plan is updated for material movements.
Banking & Funding
- Assist with bank reporting requirements for development schemes, including information required for Joint Venture partners.
- Carry out due diligence work on external parties and provide recommendations where necessary
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree subject
- Previous accounting knowledge, including understanding of accounting standards
- Experience using accounting & finance software (e.g Salesforce, Power BI, Dynamics/Sage/Sap) would be desirable but not essential
- Previous exposure to property industry would be a plus but not a must
In addition to the salary advertised you will be entitled to:
- Full CIMA study support
- 25 days paid leave per year plus bank holidays, pro-rata
- Immediate Life Assurance cover at 4 times salary
- Employer matched pension contributions of up to 8%
- All Employee Share Ownership Plan after qualifying period
- Eligible for Private healthcare
- 2 days paid leave per year to participate in voluntary work under the Bruntwood Cares scheme
- Wellbeing incentives
- Buy and sell holidays