Salary: £30,000 - £33,000
- 25 days holiday
- 9% pension without contribution, higher with contribution
- Life Assurance
- Private healthcare
- Income Protection
- Other flexible benefits
- Discretionary bonus
Responsibilities for the role of Mortgage Underwriter
- To take responsibility for end to end process of tasks undertaken, ensuring own knowledge of underwriting policy; all products and regulatory environment is understood and complied with.
- To amend and maintain accurate company records to ensure legislative, customer and company requirements are met.
- To maintain technical product knowledge in order to support team colleagues, provide cover, and achieve department objectives.
- To answer incoming telephone enquiries and emails across the full product range, respond to them and fully document how they were resolved, ensuring that all communications are handled accurately and adopting the most appropriate method of communication.
- To maintain relationships with advisers and other business areas.
- Investigate and resolve complaints and queries, in line with the Divisional and Regulatory complaints procedures, identifying and addressing the cause and remedying the underlying issue of the complaint and balancing the needs of the customer, the Company and Regulator.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the team, through reviewing procedures to meet expectations of service and conduct, and improve on own self development.
Experience required for the role of Mortgage Underwriter
- Previous mortgage underwriting experience preferably in the BTL and mainstream lending would be a benefit.
- Experience in a mortgage underwriting role within a Bank, Building Society or Specialist lender is is highly desirable
- Can consider case manager looking to move into an underwriting role with experience working for an Equity release lender
- Minimum of 5 A*-C GCSEs (including English and Maths)
- For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Underwriter please contact us