3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer - On-Prem Infrastructure
3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer / Technical Analyst vacancy with one of the UK's foremost IT Service Providers and one of the most sought-after employers in the Manchester area.
While this role touches on Azure and, to a lesser extent, AWS, the real focus is on on-prem infrastructure, in particular VMware vCenter (and associated technologies, including vSAN), and NetApp storage technologies.
While absolutely not a requirement, any exposure to backup technologies, Cisco UCS, Linux OS's or Fortinet appliances would be beneficial.
Upon joining the business you'll receive a two-year Professional Development Plan, detailing the comprehensive training offer. It's a highly professional and supportive environment offering significant career development prospects.
What you'll do:
- Working within the ITIL framework and while contributing toward continuous service improvement, you'll ensure all tickets are managed within set service level agreements.
- Take responsibility for managing customer tickets through to resolution via Phone, Email or Web portal, escalating to Vendors or external support groups where necessary.
- Manage your own ticket queue, assisting other team members where necessary.
- Design changes for service improvement.
- Involvement in network infrastructure configuration.
- Escalate issues to Problem Manager where necessary, taking involvement in the investigation of problems and providing root cause analysis.
- Provide OOH support for business-critical issues to our customers (circa 1 week in 6, paying an additional £350 p/d while on call).
What you'll need:
- Infrastructure support experience at 3rd Line level, ideally within a Service Desk environment.
- Experience supporting VMWare environments and NetApp Storage environments.
- A good degree of commercial awareness with a passion for delivery of first-rate customer service.
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure environment, with a high degree of problem-solving skills.
- A genuine thirst for technical knowledge
Relevant VMware or NetApp qualifications would be beneficial, as would any exposure to Linux, Cisco UCS, Azure / AWS (other Cloud Technologies), or Backup technologies.