Highly successful company in the Gift and Interiors industry. Established 1883, Family run business, suppliers to wholesale, retail and online channels. Products sourced from worldwide suppliers including the far east.
- Responsible for driving the creation & setting the definition of brands/ranges from initial concept through to delivery, including product, packaging, display & photography
- Required to balance your focus on both the product identity & the commercials, you will be required to keep ahead of the competition whilst setting your own strict deadlines to ensure timely stock deliver
- Lead sales reviews alongside the Imports Manager to analyze sales, conclude on lessons learnt & set new projects to evolve Brands/Ranges & the products within them
- Lead & present proposed ideas in pre sign off meetings & in conjunction with the Designer, present at director level all findings, mood boards, new product designs, proposed strategy, branding & packaging ideas for new & existing ranges
- Design briefs yourself with the factory or brief the design team/designer, then cost & sample items within the defined critical path timeframe to the appropriate target costs in line with our customer needs
- Building of strong relationships with both artwork sources (internal or external) & Far East factories unfamiliar with English
What we need from you?
- An experienced Buyer, Junior Buyer or high-level assistant Buyer wanting more autonomy & control over the directions of brands/ranges
- Giftware buying & product development experience background is preferred but not essential, must have good product & technical knowledge & show a keen interest in all product categories within this sector
- Creative individual, with a keen eye & genuine passion for future trends & new innovative products
- Must be commercially astute & tuned in when it comes to, cost negotiations & retail pricing
- Proficient using Microsoft particularly Excel & Powerpoint. Photoshop, illustrator Indesign knowledge, are an advantage as the skills could most definitely be utilised but not necessary
- Must have in depth knowledge of product development & sourcing process & have worked using range plans & critical paths
- A buying/design related degree