Our client, a Local Authority based within Greater Manchester, is seeking an interim social work Team Leader for its Learning Difficulties Team.
Rate of pay is £22 per hour (umbrella).
- You will be responsible for ensuring safe care and treatment of the people supported by the service, including responding to and reporting safeguarding incidents appropriately.
- You will be responsible for managing and leading a team of Support Workers in a community setting.
- You will support staff to undertake training and develop their skills and competencies.
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of a safe environment, ensuring that all health and safety checks are completed.
- You will ensure appropriate staffing levels by creating and distributing a rota of work for the Support Workers.
- You will also undertake risk assessments, care and support plans, health plans etc.
- You will input to any service reviews and inspections by CQC as required and promote and support a culture of continuous improvement.
- You will provide support to the Registered Manager / Service Manager as required and undertake all tasks conducive to the role.
- You will need to have computer skills and be confident using word documents.
- You will undertake all training courses as required and will be supported to undertake continuing professional development.
Requirements of the role:
- You must be a Qualified Social Worker
- You must be Social Work England registered
- Enhanced DBS – this can be provided at no cost by REED
Are you considering a move? If not, you could pass this on to your friends and colleagues – we are offering £250 for every successful recommendation!!
Some facts about working for Reed:
We “Love Mondays” but we also technically work for free 1 day per week as 18% of our business is owned by the Reed Foundation which supports good causes around the world.
We are a family-run business and we just celebrated our 60th birthday!
Our company values are:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
We are also lucky to run many Local Authority contracts, we are a trusted partner for these clients and, as such, our conduct is impeccable.