Our client who specialise in electronic components is recruiting for a Business Development Executive to join their team, covering the Northern territory.
Experience and understanding of electronic component manufacturers and technical product knowledge is necessary for this role.
This role will be covering the North of England, so its essential the successful candidate is based in and around the Midlands/North.
Main duties will be:
- Achieve targeted/budgeted sales and gross profit.
- Develop long-term profitable and sustainable business as per the parameters defined by the Company.
- The generation of new customer prospects and account managing those prospects from the start of the sales cycle through to the post-sales operations.
- To generate and develop orders as agreed by the Company per annum at margins defined by the Company over an agreed period of time.
- To look after assigned and existing customers/accounts currently and to develop and increase these accounts accordingly.
- In conjunction with the Sales team, identifying and developing new opportunities within both existing and new customers.
- To undertake special projects as required.
- To undertake other tasks which may be required by the Company.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Knowledge and understanding of our products, application and potential customers would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Technical competence related to electronics.
- Previous sales experience and track record of achievement.
- Target driven.
- Ability to take initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Desire to sell and strong ambition to succeed.
- Familiarity and discipline in managing sales databases.
- Commercial awareness of factors affecting profitability of a Company.
- Good organisational skills.
- An outgoing and presentable manner when communicating with customers, suppliers and colleagues, even when under pressure.
- A technical or other suitable qualification - preferably to a minimum of HNC/HND level.