Location : Leeds / Manchester
Our HR Team of around 50 people is spread across our London, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh offices and they also support the business internationally. Within HR we have a number of specialist functions including Learning and Development, Reward, Resourcing, HR Operations, HR Business Partnering and CSR and Inclusion.
AG prides itself on continual improvement and innovation and you will be pivotal in driving forward fresh initiatives, annual processes and projects. You can expect a varied and fast paced role within a collegiate, dynamic and friendly team. AG has a modern approach to agile working and offers excellent opportunities for learning, training and career development.
We are committed to having a diverse team and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities, particularly those from underrepresented demographics.
Our CSR programme has a strategy of "Unlocking Young Potential" delivered through our extensive charity, community and pro bono work. We have wide support from Partners, colleagues and our employee networks and committees in delivering on our agenda.
The CSR Manager will be part of the firm’s CSR and Inclusion Team, which sits within HR, managing and implementing our CSR Strategy both within the UK and globally. You will work alongside our Pro Bono & Inclusion Manager and can expect to work cohesively with the wider HR Team and our CSR Partners and other key stakeholders within the business. You will be supported by the CSR & Inclusion Coordinator.
This is a part time role, 3 days per week, and you will be able to work a proportion of your week from home. Travel between our UK offices and attendance at events out of hours may occasionally be required.
What will this role involve?
The following list of duties is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties this role will undertake:
- Supporting the CSR partners in implementing the firm’s CSR strategy and priorities.
- Providing leadership on CSR projects and programmes across two key pillars: Charity and Community.
- Providing guidance and support to our CSR Partners, CSR Committees and Charity Committees - attending their meetings where appropriate.
- Establishing relationships with and galvanising support from key internal stakeholders - within and outside HR - to ensure optimum buy in to the CSR agenda.
- Effectively creating and cascading internal communication messages and working closely with the PR team to ensure optimum external coverage of the firm’s initiatives.
- Setting and managing the CSR budget.
- Attending meetings of the firm’s Charitable Trust to offer support and guidance.
- Completing monitoring submissions and relevant benchmarking exercises to ensure the firm is keeping up with best practice.
- Drafting the annual CSR Report.
- Ensuring firm members, including new joiners, are educated in the principles of CSR and aware of the opportunities.
- Leading on client partnership activity to support shared CSR objectives.
- Assisting teams who wish to organise volunteering events.
- Advising our international offices on CSR.
- Managing the firm’s CSR / charitable memberships and relationships effectively.
- Liaising with HR colleagues to ensure effective CSR strategies and principles are embedded into all people policies and processes.
- Working with the L&D team to ensure the CSR / L&D strategies are fully aligned.
- Managing and talking to clients, external advisors and industry led forums to determine best practice and share experiences.
- Representing the firm at external meetings, forums and networking events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (BESPOKE TO ROLE)
ANY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proven track record in delivering CSR programmes and projects to a high standard.
- Law or professional services experience ideal, but will consider those with different backgrounds.
- Experience of coaching/advising individuals at a senior level.
- Able to provide a confidential and sensitive service, as required.
- Ideally, previous managerial-level experience.
As a firm, we aim to provide a positive experience to everyone who works here and our focus on financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits ensures that this experience goes beyond the nine-to-five. As part of this mission, some of the benefits employees of AG can expect are;
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Competitive employer matched pension contribution rate
- Health and wellbeing subsidiary, up to £180 per year
- One day per year to volunteer (as part of our CSR initiative)
- Buy/Sell holidays (up to 5 days each year)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives such as The Mindful Business Charter, Mental Health Champions and 1:1 sessions with an in-house professional
- Talent referral bonus incentives
- AG Excellence awards for the recognition of exceptional effort
- Opt in private medical and private dental insurance
- Opt in annual health screening
- Voluntary critical illness cover
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- AG is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. We want our recruitment practices to be as inclusive as possible, so please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process to help you perform to your best.
To apply, please click on the apply button.