Heard of us?
We're a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams, delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
The Credit Risk Team sits within the Bank's Risk Function but is deeply embedded in the Bank's market leading Credit Risk business line. The team has a wide scope of work supporting a significant business line and operation and plays a critical role in both its managing risks and delivering excellent customer experience.
Our team is responsible for the development and provision of meaningful analysis and modelling across the Bank, conducting portfolio and product analysis, supporting the build and development of appropriate risk models and automated credit decisioning models/strategies to identify opportunities, mitigate risk/loss and provide analysis and insight to support the development of credit risk management.
The role of Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Models & Analytics is really important to us. You will support the assessment of changes to credit risk appetite/policy and modelling the impacts of such changes.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester or Wilmslow office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager, Senior Credit Risk Manager - Credit Models and Analytics, and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
* Understand the design, develop and implementation of credit risk models and scorecards validated to standards appropriate to the Bank and its activities.
* Develop and maintain the credit risk stress testing framework and provide credit risk input to ICAAP, ILAAP and RRP.
* Deliver forecasts and insight to provisions and losses including support for financial budgeting processes and key stakeholder requirements eg: investor presentations. Challenge business inputs, methodologies and assumptions for the calculation/forecasting of key provision information - Cost of risk, EL, arrears.
* In conjunction with the credit policy team be able to evaluate, model and assess the financial impacts that changes to risk appetite will have on the portfolio.
* Ensure that the data used to assess credit risk is fit for purpose in terms of quality, quantity, breadth and timeliness.
* Prepare and develop portfolio analysis to identify risk concentrations within the portfolio and to influence, support and develop origination and portfolio management strategies.
What do we expect of you?
* Experience in design, development, monitoring and oversight of credit risk management models, scorecards and systems within a Financial Services environment.
* Experience working with Advanced IRB credit models would be advantageous but not essential
* Understanding of best practice in credit risk management and how modelling supports this.
* Analytical experience, with high aptitude for data analytics and problem solving.
* SAS coding experience, advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
* Influencing and networking skills to support the delivery of role accountabilities and positively engages with colleagues and stakeholders to drive positive change. Actively encourages people to transfer knowledge between teams and departments.
* Passion for analytics and learning. Expands own knowledge and skills to help improve own performance
What can you expect of us?
* A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
* A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
* A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
* A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.
If you're interested but not sure if you meet all the criteria listed... have a chat with us.
Aldermore Group is an equal opportunities employer.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore Group will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.