Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an interim Risk Manager. This role will involve leading the Risk Management function, acting as a trusted advisor, providing recommendations and challenges to senior management to guide decision-making on matters that affect the strategic direction of the organisation. You will be expected to contribute to the development of strategic objectives and long-term plans.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be involved in the following duties:
- Oversee the development and implementation of risk management policies to ensure that the function is not exposed to undue business risks, and it operates in compliance with all relevant rules, regulations and legislation.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of an effective and professional Risk Management service across the organisation
- Embed a robust risk management strategy and framework
- Ensure that the risk management strategy and framework supports policies, aims and objectives. With risk management practices and processes integrated into business planning and mainstreamed across all service areas to support the successful delivery of key business priorities.
- Lead on the development, implementation and regular review of risk management methodology, processes, procedures and practices.
- Effectively communicate and promote good risk management practice to all staff and provide advice and assistance.
- Monitor and regularly review the effectiveness of the Risk Management Strategy and ensure that the organisation can demonstrate sound corporate governance in its management of risk.
- Closely monitor the external environment to identify new and emerging risks.
- Undertake both qualitative and quantitative analysis using a range of techniques, including modelling using risk software.
- Write reports for Directors on progress in embedding risk management and in managing risk exposure.
- Recognised professional Risk Management qualification / affiliation to professional risk management body (Institute of Risk Management).
Skills and Experience required:
- Significant experience of embedding risk management in a complex organisation
- Thorough knowledge of standards and processes underpinning risk management and corporate governance, including relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrable project and programme management experience from inception to completion, allowing a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles and techniques
- Significant people management experience with experience of leading a multi-disciplined workforce.
- Develop and create governance/frameworks for professional service area.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.