Leading corporate firm, established over 100 years ago, at the forefront of UK business advisory , have a fantastic opportunity to join them in a diverse and unique role that will offer you variety and responsibility while working within an extremely interesting industry.
You will be providing support to the UK North West region, offering guidance to clients, organising a variety of events/meetings, problem resolution, client/member account management, budget management, extensive stakeholder management and managing a very friendly team of two direct reports. It is difficult to put a name to this role as there are so many elements to it; however, here are only some of the elements of the role:
- Ensure client receive the highest quality of relationship management and collaborate with the wider team to ensure consistent and relevant client communications.
- Ensure member engagement and responsible for maintaining member data within the CRM.
- You will be responsible for the local and national event management scheduling, to deliver the branch events calendar with a series of highly engaging and focused events.
- You will work with the central team, to ensure the success of training and professional development course available to the members
- You will be responsible for member acquisition through lead generation, as well as ensuring conversion of existing leads to membership and professional development.
- Manage flow of communication; verbally, face to face, via the website and email marketing
- Fully organise and facilitate regular events/meetings and organising sponsorship
- Project manage business issues, liaise with senior management and agree actions and manage the regional budget
- Ensure service level agreements are met
- Identify, implement and manage new process and procedures that benefit the business
- Regularly network with all of the regions and branches
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Successful track record of providing superb customer service and liaising with very senior individuals and being able to work with a variety of senior stakeholders
- Able to organise / or have an interest in organising a range of events
- A clear and precise communicator, with good verbal and written skills as well as an eye for detail.
- Team management experience
- A motivated self-starter, who copes well under pressure and can multi-task with ease.
This really is a superb and unique opportunity for an intelligent individual to really utilise your experience your wonderful customer service skills within a leading UK organisation.
Hours: 9am - 5pm full time (flexible hours)
Location: Any North West location (working from home and attending the larger events)
Holidays: 25 days plus 3 days discretionary
Benefits: Generous benefits including full private medical, life insurance and a generous pension scheme.
PLEASE NOTE *driving licence essential due to attending the events across the North West*
We strive to respond to all applications within five working days, if we have not contacted you within this time frame your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other positions that you may see in the future. Thank you