Office & Facilities Manager - Full Time, Permanent - Luton - circa 40K PA. (5 mins from M1 Junction 11A, providing a 30-minute commute from a multitude of locations).
Are you looking for that all-encompassing role ……?
The 'lynchpin’ of the organisation and the MD’s "Right-hand person"?
Do you like a varied workday, working within a small successful company? In this role you will have the opportunity to liaise across all departments, and feel a sense of satisfaction and pride as part of a long-standing team, giving you full involvement in co-ordinating of all operational aspects?
If so, you may be the person we are looking for to manage this office, across administration and facilities functions, reporting to, and working with the Managing Director, to support the business. You will have a desire to be part of an organisation where accuracy is crucial, policies and procedures are managed, and you enjoy a company’s values where exceptional service is running through the heart of the business.
We are partnering with this well-established, professional company that leads in the design, manufacture, and supply of specialist training systems for emergency responders and security/defence organisations globally. As their exclusive partners, we want to offer you the chance to showcase your all-around office administration and office managerial skills, with a small percentage of facilities responsibility. This will include your ability to demonstrate organisational and interpersonal skills to operate and manage the continued success, and future development across the company internally and externally.
- Administration of sales orders, from receipt to despatch, including invoicing and organising shipments. Support on quotations for customers.
- Accurate capture of all client and supplier data, inputting into the company’s CRM and Sales support systems, including the output of reports.
- Manage suppliers’ contracts and relationships including overseas carriers. Raising occasional purchase orders.
- Prepare and manage all import and export documentation, control procedures, ensuring compliance.
- Support and manage the continuation of good working practices, policies, procedures, and registers for intellectual property, including review when needed.
- Support on input of new learning management system.
- Support on company exhibition booking, planning, and logistics with the business development team, including visas and hotel when necessary).
- Manage post in and out of the office
Office & Facilities Management:
- The smooth running of the office procedures, processes, and compliance across all functions.
- Maintain reception and meeting rooms to keep clean and tidy for the welcome of all visitors and contractors. Meet and greet visitors.
- Comply with Health & Safety policies including fire and alarm, PAT testing, air conditioning and heating system maintenance, and support company first aid process. Liaise with outside contracts on maintenance and utilities as necessary.
- Liaise with IT contractor to ensure all IT systems run smoothly and to SLA’s.
- Maintain employee handbook, holiday & sickness requests, and records, including inducting new personnel to the office. Liaise with external HR as necessary.
- Comply with all ISO quality standard systems including support to external contractors.
- Attend weekly management meetings, supporting and encouraging the completion of actions in a timely manner.
- Generate monthly performance reports.
- Manage diary, meetings and travel.
- Support on ad-hoc projects as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+years of demonstrable, solid experience in a similar role. Essential experience required in a small office environment in a multi-faceted role.
- Experience of supporting at director level in a small company across the business.
- Procedure, process, and compliance experience with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload, work unsupervised with accurate productivity.
- Ability to work across multiple IT systems, MS Office Word, Excel to intermediate level & bespoke system for orders, quotes, HubSpot CRM systems, and learning management system. Training will be provided.
- Proactive with the ability to suggest and implement change where required together with the management team.
- A high degree of consciousness and accuracy to all documentation.
- Degree level educated or qualified by experience in a similar role.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
Advantageous: (Training will be provided where appropriate)
- Compliance experience for various ISO quality standards an advantage.
- Understanding of UK Government control regulations: Export/Import documentation experience a distinct advantage, such as CARNET, HMRC submissions, Certificate of Origin, export license applications.
- Knowledge or understanding of the UK Bribery Act an advantage.
- Supervisory skills would be an advantage for supervising a single assistant in the future.
Offering a base salary of circa £37-£40K PA, depending upon experience, plus performance-related yearly bonus, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, company pension, death in service, excellent working conditions, on-site parking, and a supportive successful team to work with.
Please send your CV today, and a short covering letter if you feel your experience and skills match the above, and this describes the role content you would enjoy for the future. This is a senior position, therefore the level of experience stated is ESSENTIAL. Full job description available through the process.