The UK's fastest-growing law firm is an exciting, progressive organisation that is unlike any other law firm in the UK.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to support the Real Estate and Retail & Consumer Goods teams in developing client relationships, winning new business and raise the firm's profile.
In return, you will be invested in. They want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, ongoing training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of the Support team, you will be a vital part of their continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support. We are really looking for an ambitious individual with Real Estate BD experience within a Law Firm or similar Professional Services organisation. This role will help propel your career forward.
We are looking for a candidate that can provide strategic guidance and hands-on BD and marketing support to the Real Estate and Retail & Consumer Goods business groups. The main responsibilities are outlined below.
- Strategic planning - develop and deliver BD/marketing plans and strategic business plans for your sector and business group.
- Client plans - assist the Client Engagement team and Client Relationship Partners in developing relevant client plans.
- Location plans - work closely with BD colleagues in the regional offices to ensure that sector and group plans align with location plans.
- BD budgets - develop an annual BD budget, manage spend and advise on the best use of the budget to deliver maximum ROI.
- Thought leadership - plan and develop thought leadership campaigns that position the firm as experts in your sector and service lines.
- Legal and market insights - work with the Knowledge Management, Communications and legal teams to create clear, concise, market-focused client updates.
- PR - work with the Communications team to identify and exploit opportunities to raise the firm's profile in the legal and industry press.
- Events/webinars - plan and deliver a programme of events (in-person and virtual) that engage clients, targets and intermediaries.
- Speaking opportunities - identify and secure speaking opportunities that help to raise the firm's profile.
- Marketing materials - establish the needs of your sector and service lines and create compelling marketing materials in line with the brand guidelines.
- Legal directories and awards - work with the lawyers to draft legal directory submissions and relevant award entries.
- Website and social media - work with the Digital Communications team to promote your sector and service lines through the website and social media channels.
- Internal communications - produce regular updates and presentations on BD and marketing initiatives, new clients, significant work examples and financial performance.
- Proposals/bids - lead the development of proposals/bids and pitch presentations for your sector and service lines with support from the Bids team.
- Lead generation - actively manage a pipeline of targets and use campaigns to generate new business leads.
- Build a network - develop your own network of intermediaries, targets and client contacts and use these to share communications and support lead generation and relationship-building activity.
- New product development - work with the legal tech team to create and promote new legal and near-legal products and services.
- Becoming a trusted advisor - to be successful in this role you will need to become a trusted advisor to partners and other fee-earners on all aspects of business development.
- Think nationally and internationally - provide seamless BD support across the UK office network and in partnership with the international alliance firms.
The Ideal Candidate
The firm's employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of working in business development / marketing within a legal or similar professional services environment.
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Real Estate knowledge is desired and Retail & Consumer Goods knowledge would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust.
- Good organisational skills - able to multi-task, strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and gains respect and credibility quickly, especially with senior stakeholders.
- Able to work well under pressure and to drive through major projects to completion.
- Able to understand the wider business issues and to generate and develop new ideas to add value to the business development process.
- Good humoured and positive outlook.