- A second-generation packaging design consultancy offering pulp, solid board and corrugated materials. Designing and delivering to the needs of the client with bespoke honest advice, offered by a team with a combined experience of over seven decades. Passionate about working with clients looking to improve their packaging and replace polystyrene and plastics with more sustainable alternatives. Who are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team paying up to £30,000pa depending on experience.
- New Business Development Manager
- UK Wide - home-based set up
- Sales and Commercial Director
- To identify and manage target clients and achieve maximum profitable sales potential for the company in line with pre-determined budgets selling into various sectors.
- Predominately a new business role with some future account management.
- Carry out market research to identify potential customers.
- Develop a plan to target those clients, 'open the door’ and present the company in a professional manner.
- Understand/listen to clients’ requirements and identify new opportunities in line with our capabilities.
- Liaise with the Technical Department in order to keep on top of the company’s current capabilities and understand new developments for the future.
- Be accountable for profitable sales and the achievement of profitable sales targets.
- Build strong working relationships with clients.
- Liaise with the internal sales teams and follow up on any new opportunities identified.
- Participate in sales forecasts for future planning purposes.
- Ensure all relevant information on the CRM database is maintained accurately and kept up to date.
- Maintain regular reporting standards as appropriate - including visit reports, monthly sales reports and general communication of progress of activities.
- Undertake any other activity appropriate to your role
- Internal and external sales teams
- Management team
- Technical Department
- Supply Chain
The successful candidate should ideally:
- Ideally possess a good knowledge of the Corrugated and Solid Board Industry; however other forms of packaging experience maybe considered for a strong sales candidate.
- Have 1-2 years’ experience in a Sales role (internal or external)
- Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Possess excellent negotiating skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Have project management experience
- Display strong presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Be a self-starter, possessing the passion and desire to succeed in a demanding environment.
- Be someone with the potential to develop further and will view the role as an important career development step.
Skills & Attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer Literacy - Microsoft office, PowerPoint in particular
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Independent and can work on own initiative
- Excellent networking skills
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Clean driving licence
- £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience + bonus, car allowance and home set up.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking then please contact us on a confidential basis