- A leading manufacturer of flexible plain and printed film, supplying primarily the industrial, food and medical sectors. Due to the company’s strategic growth plans, they are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager who is hungry to succeed and reap the rewards as well as the real opportunity to progress within the company.
- Business Development Manager - Performance Films
- You will drive high margin revenue from sales of performance films to a range of end user customers.
- With a wide portfolio of lamination and barrier film products, you will be required to identify, target and develop new business within designated markets.
- The role will be solely new business development with the full support of the UK’s largest packaging businesses.
- Deliver or exceed monthly and annual sales revenue, tonnage, and contribution margin budgets for the specific targeted products
- Develop detailed knowledge of direct end use markets for our range of performance film products.
- Manage and maintain a robust pipeline process through active prospecting with focus on major volume users in both converter and direct end use markets
- Adopt the use of the companies comprehensive CRM system to record real time activity.
- Employ a cross-functional approach with key staff (operations/technical/Finance/leadership etc) ensuring they are deployed where required to maximise success rate with new opportunities.
- Ensure collaboration with the internal teams (technical, operations, planning, sales, customer service, commercial) as well as with the other parts of the organisation.
- Stay informed about market opportunities and developments to help leverage competitive advantage and feedback market intelligence on a regular basis
- Provide support to colleagues within the wider sales team as required
- Work with the Sales Director, Category Manager and Commercial Excellence team to ensure that contracts are commercially rigorous
- Identify and respond to all tendering opportunities related to target opportunities and work with the Sales Director and other stakeholders to win
- Ensure that selling costs are contained in line with performance and budget
- Implement price movements as required by the business in conjunction with the Commercial Excellence team to ensure the business sustains its margins at all times
- Maintain effective reporting processes (weekly, monthly, activity, results, and variances)
- Ensure that weekly and monthly sales and margin forecasts are submitted accurately and on time
- Deliver regular feedback regarding market forces and competitor activities
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Experience of film extrusion and having a technical knowledge of flexible Packaging is essential.
- Strong presentation skills
- MS Office skills with a high level of numeracy and Excel skills
- CRM understanding (SFDC or equivalent)
- Must have previous new business development experience and the drive to succeed.
- This is a position for an out-right business developer who will be supported by one of the most experienced technical teams in the UK, with one of the widest portfolios of products available.
- Circa £50,000 depending on skill set and experience + excellent bonus opportunities.
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking then please contact us on a confidential basis.