We are currently recruiting for a highly professional and recognised national Training Provider. This client has recently been rated as GOOD by Ofsted.
This Training Provider delivers a wide range of IT Apprenticeship Programmes and this position has become available through growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly established company that has a supportive management culture and can offer genuine career progression opportunities.
This is a home-based position that will focusing on new business development within the South of England.
As an experienced Business Development and Bid Manager, you will play an instrumental part in driving profitability, identifying new business development opportunities within your portfolio, and growing business relationships to maximize the potential of our core account base.
This role will be focusing on creating partnerships within the IT Apprenticeship Sector,
The role of Business Development Manager offers a basic salary of up to £38000, Company Car and a generous uncapped bonus structure.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Business Development Manager
• You will be responsible for the growth of new clients which includes developing new client relationships, growing existing relationships with clients and partners
• You will have a strong desire to proactively contact and work with employers to identify their needs, to sell current products. This may require tailoring or bespoke design of program solutions so you can achieve your sales target with corporate and key accounts across the companies a full range of products and program areas.
• Ensure effective and timely positioning into any procurement led initiatives and understand the contract review and tender timetable process within target client base.
• Produce and submit high quality proposals and bid responses using resources available from colleagues
• You will be able to build effective client relationships as well as the ability to network with wider colleagues within the group and external stakeholders.
• Professionally and effectively employ sales skills to achieve sales targets
• Build and manage an effective pipeline of sales prospects to increase the share of each market sector
• Develop relationships with professional bodies to support business development activities
• Effectively communicate with clients predominantly via telephone, but also face-to-face and written communications including conducting sales/marketing presentations (face-to-face and virtual open evenings, exhibitions, branch activities, etc.)
• Support the management and production of corporate proposals, bids, and tenders
• Forecasting within your pipeline for financial profiling purposes.
• To ensure the client is supported with information and advice around different funding options available to them and access to government grants where available
• Identifying new areas of revenue within your portfolio
• Attend regular networking events, represent the business at key stakeholder events, marketing, and promoting the Company in a positive image, being able to respond to business opportunities.
Skills and Experience required for the Business Development Manager- Apprenticeships
• Extensive experience working as a Business Development/Sales Manager within the Work-Based Learning or FE sector
• Excellent knowledge and experience in managing levy or Corporate clients within the Apprenticeship would be highly desirable.
• Up to date knowledge of IT Apprenticeships standards, funding, and government training programs
• Proven, recent, sales experience demonstrated in a B2B environment, within the apprenticeship or FE sector.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of writing bids and tenders within the Apprenticeship/Skills Sector.
• Proven track record in exceeding sales targets and customer expectations
• Excellent IT skills with experience of word processing/Excel and presentation Microsoft Office Packages
• Full UK Driving license.
This position is being managed by Pertemps Work-Based Learning and Skills Division
For more information please contact Simon Atkins on
Keywords: Account Manager, Levy, Non-Levy, Sales, Business Development, IT Apprenticeships, Corporate Accounts, Telesales, Funding, Bid Writing, Bid Manager